The Student Room Group

Orange mobiles

Does anyone here use Orange for their mobile phone? If so, when did you last get a (usable) network signal (in Cambridge, that is)? I noticed my phone had no signal this morning, and dropping into the Orange shop by Borders confirmed they were having problems. However, they told me it should be for a couple of hours at most, yet I've still got no signal - the best I get is the 'Orange' netwrok name, but no signal bars, and it's not possible to make any calls. Anyone else having any luck at the moment? :frown:
Reply 1
mine seems to be working fine, bar the fact that i have no credit left...haven't had any problems at all today actually, though it has been off for long periods due to lectures/exams. hope you get some signal soon.
Yep, Orange network was completely ****ed in parts on Cambridge today. I *presume* a cell went down in the snow.
Aye, network a bit buggered like a sheep, my phone ain't picking up anything at the mo
Funny, mine's been working all day, more so than usual in fact, it rang in my house three times and every time I was able to have a conversation with the person that was heard and understood, usually the signal in my house isn't good enough to do that.
Back up today. Apparently a pylon went down. Where are you, Charlottie? Cells normally cover a roughly 1k radius well, I think, so I suggest you were just in a different one.
Reply 6
Working here now as well :smile: - though first thing this morning I was still getting problems!
Well I live up the hill but I've used it in town and at the Sidgewick in the last few days as well. Still, maybe I was just lucky in avoiding the down area.
Reply 8
On the 15 08 09 I purchased from Orange store Mercat Kirkcaldy a Samsung tocco lite GT-S5230 Pay As You Go.

On the 21 09 09 I had to return the phone due to a software problem which t
ook 8 days to be returned to me.

On the 30 09 09 One hour after I received my repaired phone the same problem happened again.
So I brought the phone in on the 1 10 09 and the phone was sent off and I was offered a refurbished phone the next day.

after arguing and siting the sale of goods act 2003 which Orange likes to breach and which I am taking further.

Well the refurbished phone I received on the 2 10 09 was faulty also the screen brightness was dull and could not be altered.

So that is another week I will no doubt have to wait without a phone until
it is fixed.

Well from the experience I have had so far from Orange it is nothing less than shabby and what I would expect from a carbooter.

I will never use Orange and will not reccomend Orange to anyone, family or
friends as my blog clearly mentions.

I have a 24 month warranty with this phone and I can tell you I will not be
topping the phone up during this period so Orange will not be making any money from top ups from me,
And as soon as my 24 month warranty is up I will be unlocking the phone to
another service provider.

Well hopefully when I get my phone back it will be working properly if not
the phone will be brought back to Orange to be repaired which will be making the £107.50p you swindled from me seem not very cost effective should it have to be repaired at your cost.
speedo2491
stuff

Err, what?

If you'd bothered to look at the forum this thread is in, read it so far and look at the date you'd realise that this thread is about issues specific to Orange in Cambridge over two years ago.

Latest