The Student Room Group

Where are you volunteering this summer?

So as the title states where are you volunteering and if you're fundraising who are you fundraising for and how are you going about that?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Do you mind telling what are you fundraising for?
Original post by Igor_Sukhorukov
Do you mind telling what are you fundraising for?

Sure, a group of us have decided to take part in SKT's Brick by Brick Challenge. Our aim is to raise £5,000 for SKT Welfare to support a widow and her children displaced by the Syrian Civil War. The money will give a family a home in SKT Welfare’s Springs of Hope Family Centre in Turkey and this will be theirs for as long as they need it.
Original post by mybeingof
Sure, a group of us have decided to take part in SKT's Brick by Brick Challenge. Our aim is to raise £5,000 for SKT Welfare to support a widow and her children displaced by the Syrian Civil War. The money will give a family a home in SKT Welfare’s Springs of Hope Family Centre in Turkey and this will be theirs for as long as they need it.

Sounds like a good cause! How are going so far?
I'm volunteering to bring as many bottles and Dj requests as possible to raves.
And I volunteer nearly all of my monthly pay to my Malia excursion this Aug :yy:
Mount Stewart, it is a national trust property in Northern Ireland, I have volunteered in the summer there for the last 2 years and It has some of the best gardens in the country.
Original post by Igor_Sukhorukov
Sounds like a good cause! How are going so far?

It really is☺ its been about 3 days since we started to fundraise, so far its going okay we have a few ideas, just need to make them happen now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Man.bear.pig
I'm volunteering to bring as many bottles and Dj requests as possible to raves.
And I volunteer nearly all of my monthly pay to my Malia excursion this Aug :yy:

Awesome! What's the Malia excursion?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Penguinfarts
Mount Stewart, it is a national trust property in Northern Ireland, I have volunteered in the summer there for the last 2 years and It has some of the best gardens in the country.

That sounds brill! Is it about conservation?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That sounds brill! Is it about conservation?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It is kind of just doing whatever needs to be done xD

So what are YOU actually doing? Or are you expecting everyone else to pay without any sacrifice from you and then you can feel good.
Original post by SmallTownGirl
So what are YOU actually doing? Or are you expecting everyone else to pay without any sacrifice from you and then you can feel good.

Lol if you can read, I was asked what am I fundraising for not how am I fundraising for it
And no I am not expecting everyone to pay without doing anything, that's not how it usually works
I will be volunteering, again, at a local care home.
Original post by delinquents
I will be volunteering, again, at a local care home.

That's really cool, how's that going?

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's really cool, how's that going?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very well, everyone is really friendly and I've learnt a lot there, but there is still a lot to learn. - i mean there's a few sad moments but it's something you learn to adapt to!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm volunteering at the library for the summer reading challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by delinquents
Very well, everyone is really friendly and I've learnt a lot there, but there is still a lot to learn. - i mean there's a few sad moments but it's something you learn to adapt to!

Yeah of course, but its a rewarding thing to do
Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by frances98
I'm volunteering at the library for the summer reading challenge

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awesome! What's the summer reading challenge?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Awesome! What's the summer reading challenge?

Posted from TSR Mobile

it's to make sure that over the summer kids are still going to read books and keep their literacy levels up. They have to read 6 books and get a prize at the end
Original post by frances98
it's to make sure that over the summer kids are still going to read books and keep their literacy levels up. They have to read 6 books and get a prize at the end

Oh sounds great!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending