The Student Room Group

Will accountants be replaced by Artificial Intelligence (AI)?

I read something the other day that AI will eventually replace the accounting profession. Do you think this may be true?
Discuss.
Reply 1
If they crack AI I imagine it'll replace most professions.
Reply 2
Depends on what type of accountant. With auditing, some of the areas can be highly subjective and would be hard for AI to fully take over.

But if jobs were to be made redundant due to AI, accounting would be one of the last to professions to disappear imo

Posted from TSR Mobile
I certainly see more and more of the profession becoming automated especially in areas such as bookkeeping, but there will always be a need for humans (especially in advisory-based roles)
Reply 4
Original post by 2710
Depends on what type of accountant. With auditing, some of the areas can be highly subjective and would be hard for AI to fully take over.
But if jobs were to be made redundant due to AI, accounting would be one of the last to professions to disappear imo
Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by Hedgeman49
I certainly see more and more of the profession becoming automated especially in areas such as bookkeeping, but there will always be a need for humans (especially in advisory-based roles)

He said AI lads, subjective/advisory isn't a barrier to the terminator.

The only jobs left will be serving the metal overlords :hide:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending