The Student Room Group

3 months of summer with nothing to do

Been out of sixth form for 2 weeks now and the only time I've been out is for prom. My 'friends' have a group chat which I'm not in so if they are doing stuff I don't know. My friend who I used to hang out with during summers started smoking and started hanging out with other who spend all day smoking.
So I've got nothing to do, all my friends are part of other groups which I am not part of and I'm failing to find a job.
Fun!
Original post by Anonymous
Been out of sixth form for 2 weeks now and the only time I've been out is for prom. My 'friends' have a group chat which I'm not in so if they are doing stuff I don't know. My friend who I used to hang out with during summers started smoking and started hanging out with other who spend all day smoking.
So I've got nothing to do, all my friends are part of other groups which I am not part of and I'm failing to find a job.
Fun!

Find something else to do. You can take free online courses at corsera for something useful. And there are so many other ways to have fun! Find a youth organization and make some friends there. Go to the pool and I'm sure you'll be able to find someone to hang out with. Go meet your neighbours :smile: It will be a great summer if you make it one.
Original post by Anonymous
Fun!

Try and get into the group chat. Simples.
What have you done in the way of finding a job? If you go about it correctly, it will give you references and valuable skills for the future as well as filling in some time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending