The Student Room Group

When should I take my SATs?

I'm in year 11 and I left school a few weeks ago after my exams and I've bought some SAT textbooks to start studying for the SATs. I've read that people usually take them in the spring of year 12, but I think I might be ready for them in November of year 12. Is that too early? Because I need to do the SAT Subject Tests too and I want to apply to one of the unis Early Decision so I'd have to apply by November of year 13?? So is it okay if I take the SAT Reasoning Test this November or is it too early?
Hey me 2! Which books did you buy?are you going to do any APs either?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Manny_khalae
Hey me 2! Which books did you buy?are you going to do any APs either?

Posted from TSR Mobile
well you don't actually need to do APs, but I've got the CollegeBoard SAT book and I'm thinking of getting the Barron's ones for my Subject Tests!
Original post by Sparadrap2106
well you don't actually need to do APs, but I've got the CollegeBoard SAT book and I'm thinking of getting the Barron's ones for my Subject Tests!

Yeah although Most colleges said it would show interest in your subjects( AP subjects ) and yeah you should take the SATs when you are scoring higher than what you actually want (eg a 2350 when you were aiming for a 2120)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah although Most colleges said it would show interest in your subjects( AP subjects ) and yeah you should take the SATs when you are scoring higher than what you actually want (eg a 2350 when you were aiming for a 2120)

Posted from TSR Mobile
if I ever got a 2350 I think i'd explode with happiness
if I ever got a 2350 I think i'd explode with happiness

Sure you can tho! It just takes lots of hard work! What are your a levels btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sure you can tho! It just takes lots of hard work! What are your a levels btw?

Posted from TSR Mobile
well I won't be sure until I get my GCSE results but I'm thinking French, Biology and Geography so I'll do my SAT IIs in French and Biology:smile:) how about you?
well I won't be sure until I get my GCSE results but I'm thinking French, Biology and Geography so I'll do my SAT IIs in French and Biology:smile:) how about you?

Ooh Biology! Me too! Biology, Maths, Chem and History. I think Bio, Maths 1 and 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 8
I'm in year 11 and I left school a few weeks ago after my exams and I've bought some SAT textbooks to start studying for the SATs. I've read that people usually take them in the spring of year 12, but I think I might be ready for them in November of year 12. Is that too early? Because I need to do the SAT Subject Tests too and I want to apply to one of the unis Early Decision so I'd have to apply by November of year 13?? So is it okay if I take the SAT Reasoning Test this November or is it too early?

I'm in year 11 too and I've considered applying for American unis for a while. I'm so glad this thread is here because applications for those unis seem so long and dragged out.

You've bought the textbooks this summer so I guess I should too lol
Reply 9
Took mine in year 2:s-smilie:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Oh American SATs.... I'm not gonna bother

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi! Just one question though because I'm a little confused.
Do you take the SATs if you're only planning to go to university in America? What if you were planning to go to a country like Singapore/Malaysia for university.. Do they need your SAT score as well? Or is it just if you're planning to go to university in America?

Thanks!
Reply 12
Omg finally other people that are going through the same struggle as me!!! Is anyone thinking of taking classes too? Like at the KAPLAN centre
I took my first SAT in Year 12. I would say prepare over the summer and take them in October and the SAT II's at the next available sitting. Then you have time for retakes. I left it a bit late and so now basically need to get them right first time round (SAT II's).
Original post by ivybridge
I took my first SAT in Year 12. I would say prepare over the summer and take them in October and the SAT II's at the next available sitting. Then you have time for retakes. I left it a bit late and so now basically need to get them right first time round (SAT II's).

Doing those American exams

Traitor!👿

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
Doing those American exams

Traitor!👿

Posted from TSR Mobile

I do A-Levels too pal :lol:
Original post by ivybridge
I do A-Levels too pal :lol:

I know I was kidding, you do history a level

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ScienceFantatic
I know I was kidding, you do history a level

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know you were :wink:
Original post by Dorothy.
Omg finally other people that are going through the same struggle as me!!! Is anyone thinking of taking classes too? Like at the KAPLAN centre

Nah I'm just going to study from textbooks and wing it because I live in Wales so I'm not near the centre

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending