The Student Room Group

India or Pakistan, which is superior and why?

Go.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
India because they are not Muslim.
India does have its fair share of problems but it's easily in a better state than Pakistan at the moment, with the latter being plagued by terrorism, closed-mindedness and religious intolerance.
Original post by $100Bill

I'm an Indian Muslim, so I'm not quite sure what you based your logic on. Although Pakistan is a majority Muslim country, and India has a majority Hindu population, there is a large minority of Muslims in India.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by $100Bill

India has muslim, sikh and hindus lol, and a lot of muslims......

But india is definetly superior because they are richer have more military force, are larger... have 1 bil + people.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
India 'cos they actually came up with our numbering system before the Arabs came and stole it and spread it to the west
Reply 7
India > They're an emerging economy...and they have great food
Reply 8
None.
Original post by Most Competitive
India does have its fair share of problems but it's easily in a better state than Pakistan at the moment, with the latter being plagued by terrorism, closed-mindedness and religious intolerance.

India has those same problems too :facepalm.
India because pakistan actually came from india :smile:
Original post by Kadak
India has those same problems too :facepalm.

Yes, but to a much lesser extent. These days, hardly any terror attacks take place in India, but it's almost a daily thing in Pakistan. Also, they are becoming increasingly open-minded due to the significant influence of their own film industry + western culture.
I think they're both equally grim places to be honest...
:rofl:

India > Pakistan - i am bias obvs :mmm:

however, so much needs to be done there. too many problems
Depends.

Economically - India. India has a higher GDP as well as GDP growth rate than Pakistan.

Culturally - neither, really. There's similar lousy elements in both (e.g. caste, feudal mentality, religious exclusivism, sexism, among others). Most Pakistanis (with the exception of Northwest Pakistanis like Pashtuns, who are a minority and are more related to Iranian groups) are culturally similar to Northwest Indians, apart from religion and (very) minor linguistic variables.

Aesthetically (this is a subjective view - I'm not stating this as objective fact) - Pakistan. On average, I find Pakistanis more attractive than Indians. Northwest Indians are identical to most Pakistanis in appearance, so I find them just as attractive. However, Northwest Indians don't represent an average Indian look because India is a melting pot of different ethnic groups, many of which I don't find as attractive as Pakistanis or Northwest Indians. Additionally, Pakistanis have a significant Pashtun minority. Pashtuns are absolutely beautiful. Pakistan wins this time.

On the whole, though, I'm not quite sure. Both have their merits and faults.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by DiceTheSlice
Both are black holes infested with corruption

For once I think the Daily Mail has actually got something right.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Amatullah
I'm an Indian Muslim, so I'm not quite sure what you based your logic on. Although Pakistan is a majority Muslim country, and India has a majority Hindu population, there is a large minority of Muslims in India.

Yeah. Despite its Hindu majority, India has as many Muslims as Pakistan does. $100Bill probably isn't fond of Muslims much, I suppose...
Reply 17
India of course because we beat them in all wars: 1948,1965,1971 and recently in 1999. We helped make Bangladesh independent from them in 1971 which they are still butthurt about. We have also dealt with their terrorist proxies in Kashmir and repel them continuously. India is also more technologically advanced as well as economically. India also has a richer culture, history, and more influence in the world.
Original post by slade p
India of course because we beat them in all wars: 1948,1965,1971 and recently in 1999.

I thought there were only two wars? I've also heard that it was either a draw or Pakistan won both...
Original post by toonervoustotalk
India because pakistan actually came from india :smile:

I agree. Some Pakistanis like to think they're a distinct entity from Indians and dislike being associated with them. But in actuality, most Pakistanis are little more than Islamised Northwest Indians. The only Pakistanis that can be said to be distinct from Indians are the ones from the northwestern parts of Pakistan (e.g. Pashtuns), but they make up a numerical minority in Pakistan and are therefore not representative of the average Pakistani, i.e. the Punjabi majority that is ultimately of North Indian extraction.

Quick Reply

Latest