The Student Room Group

Help, was I caught speeding?

Was travelling at 10pm along an empty A road (dual carriageway) with a speed limit of 70. I passed my test the same day and had freedom so I was cruising at about 73mph (maximum 75) when I noticed I was going over lines on the floor :O. I didn't see a flash, but christ I'm scared now!

Think it's possible I was caught? Must be the only person to get speeding points the day of passing if I have been! Haha
I'm not sure what you mean by "going over lines on the floor". Was there a speed camera? Also, it's absolutely fine to drive at 73 or 75mph, you'd certainly never be penalised for that. As long as you don't exceed the speed limit by 10 percent, you're guaranteed to be fine.
Reply 2
The minimum ticket speed for speeding in 70 limit is 79mph.
you drove over a road moniter they monitor traffic to work out how used a road is it's nothing doesn't even take you speed to measure the number of vehicle crossing it they use them to plan if any improvements are required on the road
Reply 4
Original post by ScruffyQuaver
Was travelling at 10pm along an empty A road (dual carriageway) with a speed limit of 70. I passed my test the same day and had freedom so I was cruising at about 73mph (maximum 75) when I noticed I was going over lines on the floor :O. I didn't see a flash, but christ I'm scared now!

Think it's possible I was caught? Must be the only person to get speeding points the day of passing if I have been! Haha

you realise that if you get 6 or more points within your first 2 years of getting your licence, you will lose it? :lol:

calm down a bit, lel
No you haven't if what you said is true. I would be more careful though 6 points and your licence is gone.
Reply 6
You were travelling at 10pm?

****, that's jail time.
Reply 7
Original post by ScruffyQuaver

It will be FINE if you...

...pay the FINE.
Thanks lads, I'll stop worrying, I meant lines as in speed camera lines, although I didn't actually see the speed camera because it was dark
Original post by 8472
The minimum ticket speed for speeding in 70 limit is 79mph.

Almost right. There are guidelines for what speeds should be prosecuted and what shouldn't which most forces adhere to. 79MPH is the slowest speed at which the guidelines state you could receive a fixed penalty ticket or a speed awareness course. Some forces allow traffic officers to issue tickets below this threshold and do get convictions but they are rare.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending