The Student Room Group
Original post by Azzzman
Hey guys

I'm seriously considering applying to a school in Europe to study medicine

Been looking at http://www.studymedicineeurope.com/

Any experience with them?

Also, are the degrees recognised in the UK?

Hey, which uni are you looking to apply for?
Reply 2
Plovdiv for Dentistry
Original post by Azzzman
Plovdiv for Dentistry

Have you applied yet? I wad considering Plovdiv but I might change my mind :/ still unsure!
Reply 4
No, its for 2016
Reply 5
Original post by waterjunky
Have you applied yet? I wad considering Plovdiv but I might change my mind :/ still unsure!

I was considering Plovdiv as well, I heard they're supposed to be good. From the pictures I saw online they seem pretty modern compared to the other Bulgarian Unis.
Reply 6
Original post by Azzzman
Hey guys

I'm seriously considering applying to a school in Europe to study medicine

Been looking at http://www.studymedicineeurope.com/

Any experience with them?

Also, are the degrees recognised in the UK?

Wasting of money:wink: This is wht i heard from many students about the agency so far..
Reply 7
Original post by roma12345
I was looking at pictures and stuff too but from what I've read on student room forums, everyone seems to recommend other universities in Bulgaria which are better. I've applied for Varna, have you had a look at them?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't really read anything bad about Plovdiv, can you link to those post?

Yeah I've looked into Varna, they look great too.
There's also Pleven in Bulgaria which is where I applied for Feb 2016 intake. They're supposed to be really good too!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drbluemax
Wasting of money:wink: This is wht i heard from many students about the agency so far..

I agree
Reply 10
Hey! I'm going to apply to either Plovdiv or trakia for 2016 entry with study medicine Europe 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ricky H
I haven't really read anything bad about Plovdiv, can you link to those post?

Yeah I've looked into Varna, they look great too.

I applied for Varna as well, I don't think there is anything bad about Plovdiv either but I do think the other universities in Bulgaria are better aswell
hey guys ive recently began considering studying medicine abroad after achieving a 2:1 in biomedical science here in the UK. I just wanted to ask why you have chosen the uni that you have (Plovdiv over Varna for example) and why uve chosen to study medicine abroad in general. Do you plan to return to the UK to work? And what are the reputations of these unis like? Im attracted by the tuition fees tbh which arent anywhere near as high as some like St.Georges (grenada) or other private ones here in the uk.

Thanks in advance for your help
Original post by udeyomydays
hey guys ive recently began considering studying medicine abroad after achieving a 2:1 in biomedical science here in the UK. I just wanted to ask why you have chosen the uni that you have (Plovdiv over Varna for example) and why uve chosen to study medicine abroad in general. Do you plan to return to the UK to work? And what are the reputations of these unis like? Im attracted by the tuition fees tbh which arent anywhere near as high as some like St.Georges (grenada) or other private ones here in the uk.

Thanks in advance for your help

I decided to choose Varna because at the time that was one of the main ones which attracted me. I still have to sit the entrance exam though. I applied on the basis that I didn't think I'd meet my targets for Alevel, which I ended up not receiving. I didn't want to take a gap year and waste another year so studying medicine abroad was my only option. I am glad I applied and I hope I made the right decision. Obviously I had to go through an agency to help me because it was literally a last minute decision I made. I did a lot of research and have spoken to students already at the uni. I do hope to come back and work in the UK. The course are GMC approved. The tuition fees are much cheaper than here too and there's student finance available! What's made you change your mind about your degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by shazzer123
I decided to choose Varna because at the time that was one of the main ones which attracted me. I still have to sit the entrance exam though. I applied on the basis that I didn't think I'd meet my targets for Alevel, which I ended up not receiving. I didn't want to take a gap year and waste another year so studying medicine abroad was my only option. I am glad I applied and I hope I made the right decision. Obviously I had to go through an agency to help me because it was literally a last minute decision I made. I did a lot of research and have spoken to students already at the uni. I do hope to come back and work in the UK. The course are GMC approved. The tuition fees are much cheaper than here too and there's student finance available! What's made you change your mind about your degree?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I initially applied to study medicine! But I took the "long" route and decided to study biomedical science. I graduated this year and was unfortunately unsuccessful post interview here in the UK for medicine. So im looking to see what options are available to me. Currently doing a lot of research on the different unis!

Latest

Trending

Trending