The Student Room Group

Mech Eng at Imperial vs Aeronautics vs Cambridge eng

Hi I was thinking of doing either one of these 3 courses at undergrad level and I was wondering if anyone knows what they're like and what are my chances?
Reply 1
That's a really really open ended question.

If you have some specific questions maybe people will be able to help you better.
What are your interests? Why might you want to do aeronautics? Do you want to know about the general student life at those universities or about what the course entails? What sort of grades do you think you might get (if you're happy to share them) because you can't really answer the 'what are my chances?' question without some information - what A-levels are you doing?
Reply 2
Original post by chloeap
That's a really really open ended question.

If you have some specific questions maybe people will be able to help you better.
What are your interests? Why might you want to do aeronautics? Do you want to know about the general student life at those universities or about what the course entails? What sort of grades do you think you might get (if you're happy to share them) because you can't really answer the 'what are my chances?' question without some information - what A-levels are you doing?

I take maths further, physics, chemistry and in my extended project I'm
Making a drone. I got rather good GCSE's and predicted 4A's for my AS. I'm not sure what calibre of student those units are looking for
If you are asking whether to do aerospace then I probably wouldn't suggest. Typically people who go into aero already have a huge interest in it. I'd suggest mechanical, with aero either you like it or not, and the only way you'll succeed in a degree is if you like the course you're doing. don't choose a uni because of reputation or degree because of job prospects. Choose something you'll enjoy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending