The Student Room Group

physics or french?

I've just done Maths, Further Maths, Physics, French and Economics for AS. Next year, I'm definitely dropping Further Maths, and then 1 more (French or Physics) so I can focus on getting good grades for 3.Which should I drop? I don't have great teachers for either french or physics (french are slightly better than physics). I'm better at french (but the whole literature and discursive essays REALLY don't appeal to me, as I didn't like english), and for physics the syllabus seems reasonably interesting (but my teachers just aren't good, and it seems REALLY hard). I'm doing Edexcel for both btw. So, which one do I drop?Also, I want to study Economics at uni hopefully Cambridge/Warwick/LSE/UCL/Bristol.
Just my own opinion, take everything I say with a grain of salt

Physics is harder and there's practicals, but you don't have to write any essays (except 6 mark questions in exams which are kinda like mini essays). You will leave with a negligible knowledge of physics and likely will have to relearn everything at uni (if you want to go into maths or physics) using calculus, whereas for French anything you learn will actually be useful if you want to continue studying it at some later point. I would've done French tbh (I did maths, f.maths and physics and just finished my A2 exams) I know lots of people (including me) who regretted taking physics A level because it was a waste of time and you just have to memorize the mark schemes. French will probably be the more instructive (and easier) option tbh.
Reply 2
drop french any day, physics will be more interesting and you won't feel like your life is a mess studying it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending