The Student Room Group

Can you mark this eassay and give it a mark out of 10? it is a narrative writing

It was Boxing Day and my team Manchester united was matched up against Manchester City.A match that always had great memories and it was a Manchester Derby. I entered the stadium using the tickets we have bought a month earlier. The view inside the stadium was just as amazing as the view outside if not better. Before the match started, thousands of fans gathered outside of the stadium with team flags, colourful outfits and started to cheer for their club. Standing in front of the iconic stadium felt nothing short of a miracle. I entered the stadium using the tickets we had bought a month earlier. Walking up the step I could feel the floor vibrating with fans jumping up and down just before the match was about to begin. You could feel the adrenaline pumping through everyone. Fans started to fill in the stadium and 5 minutes before the start of the game, the stadium was fully filled. The players were set on the field and as the referee blew the whistle we, the fans, let out a deafening roar.
The referee blew his whistle for the game to begin. The crowd let out a deafening roar. Everybody was in a good spirits as the game began and the fans did what they do best. Acting as the 12th man in an 11 men game, we cheered non-stop. Being one of the insane fans, sitting in this dream theatre, I can feel the passion and loyalty to the club, all these excitements touched me and dropped me into the match. All of the fans including me stayed tuned, sitting still, waiting the first goal to come. Half an hour later the ball was crossed in from the left. I covered my eyes because I couldn't watch the game. The player leaped up into the air and headed the ball past the keeper who was left clueless. A couple of second later all fans stood up, waving their red flags and jumped up and down in happiness. The volume from one side of the stadium went up, everyone was singing the song of Red devils. I knew we scored so I got up and I cheered and cried with happiness.However, the opposition fans sat there with their face on their hands and shook their heads in anger. The chants intensified as the game goes on. Seeing all the fans coming together and putting aside all their differences was extraordinary. The sea of red shirts in the stadium made me feel like I'm a part of something special. The first half of the game was about to finish and I was getting ready to leave the stadium to get some food and drinks to get my energy back for the next half.
The referee blew the whistle and one by one the fans left the stadium either to get some food or to go to the toilets. The food carts queue was very long. We had fifteen minutes to get everything done so we can go and watch the second half.
Players emerged from the tunnels as i was coming down the stairs to go back to my seats and all the fans clapped the players on which made me realize that the football made everyone a big family no matter what race, what age or who you are.When the game resumed, both sides appeared to be determined to get better off the other.I sat there watching the game with my hands over my mouth and my eyes blinking every 3 minutes. As time went on all the fans were nervous of what's going to happen. I found myself chewing my fingernails, but forced myself to keep my hands down from my mouth. It didn't work, as I found myself chewing again a minute later. We were into the last ten minutes and I was sitting there get more and more anxious thinking the other team was going to score, but then Manchester United's attack increased in fury, Manchester City seemed in danger of collapsing. Finally, Manchester United scored in the 87th minutes and the crowd buzzed with excitement. Manchester United had won 2-0.
It's a wonderful life.
Their sportsmanship, determination and teamwork were applauded by I and all. It was one of the interesting, lively and exciting football matches I ever witnessed. That experience in the stadium left a big impact on my life. A trip to a football stadium that was meant to be an exciting experience turned out to be more than that.
Yes, it was a once in a lifetime experience for me, but the memories of the fans and the atmosphere that were implanted in my head will never be forgotten. Every time I need a mood lift or just to relax, I will once again visit that part of my mind and recall the experience being among the fans and how they made me feel like I'm a part of the big Manchester United family. For others, the memory of watching a football game might just be another exciting experience but for me, the memory has created a special place in my mind; it is a place where I perfectly with and makes me feel like I'm part of a family.
3 - the last paragraph wasn't bad but the rest was badly grammatically written and quite repetitive and boring in vocabulary sorry :frown:
Reply 2
can you help rewrite a paragraph for me?
Reply 3
I stopped reading after you said "was" not "were"

Quick Reply

Latest