The Student Room Group

Do modern men really often prefer short hair or are my guy friends lying?

My guy friends (who are quite forward thinking and left wing and work in media, so kind of the modern guy) were talking about girls at work today and I asked them what kind of hair they liked.

They were mostly in agreement that the hottest hair cut for a girl is a short bob as it "makes a girl look like she is independent", and long hair is a turn off past a couple of inches past the shoulders, "because it looks like a pain, like high heels."

Do my guy friends have weird taste or do most guys nowadays agree?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by automobile
intellectual topic 1

Forum: Relationships :rolleyes:
Personally I don't actually care, I don't have any preference over long or short, sometimes longer hair can look nicer than long on certain people, and vice versa.
Reply 3
Original post by Redmark
Personally I don't actually care, I don't have any preference over long or short, sometimes longer hair can look nicer than long on certain people, and vice versa.

Mmm imo it depends on the girl :smile:
short :sexface:
Reply 5
Original post by Blackshadow
short :sexface:

Do you agree with my friends on a bob then? Why? :biggrin:
I dislike short hair. Prefer a woman to leave her hair to grow until it reaches her bum at the back, that's very feminine and beautiful. Leave short hair for men.
Original post by Anonymous
Mmm imo it depends on the girl :smile:

Just wear it how you like :P If you feel good having it a certain way then that's what counts
Reply 8
Original post by Liquid Harvest
I dislike short hair. Prefer a woman to leave her hair to grow until it reaches her bum at the back, that's very feminine and beautiful. Leave short hair for men.

How short do you consider short? I thought a bob was medium. But apparently it's short

Redmark
Just wear it how you like :P If you feel good having it a certain way then that's what counts

Yeah I do :tongue: It's long and wavy, just wondering as most guys say the opposite. Like hearing a girl say she preferred skinny short guys
Do you agree with my friends on a bob then? Why? :biggrin:

yes, because they're sexy.
I prefer long hair, like middle of the back sort of lengthen.
How short do you consider short? I thought a bob was medium. But apparently it's short

Yeah I do :tongue: It's long and wavy, just wondering as most guys say the opposite. Like hearing a girl say she preferred skinny short guys

Everyone has their own taste I suppose, some people just don't care. Long and wavy sounds nice though :smile:
Longer is better :tongue:
My guy friends (who are quite forward thinking and left wing and work in media, so kind of the modern guy) were talking about girls at work today and I asked them what kind of hair they liked.

They were mostly in agreement that the hottest hair cut for a girl is a short bob as it "makes a girl look like she is independent", and long hair is a turn off past a couple of inches past the shoulders, "because it looks like a pain, like high heels."

Do my guy friends have weird taste or do most guys nowadays agree?

I'm like, the opposite of your friends.

Long hair is far preferable.

For me (and this is just me), anything that doesn't go past her shoulder blades is short, anything that's shorter than shoulder length is VERY short, and I really dislike that. It's extremely rare to see a woman with hair that reaches all the way down to her backside, which is such a shame. I understand that women like to dye their hair and they don't like having to spend a long time washing, drying, combing and straightening their hair, but my God it looks so beautiful when it's really long.
Original post by Redmark
Everyone has their own taste I suppose, some people just don't care. Long and wavy sounds nice though :smile:

@FireGarden @Keyhofi do you reckon short hair makes girls look more independent? :tongue:

@FireGarden @Keyhofi do you reckon short hair makes girls look more independent? :tongue:

You're welcome :P stay with the wavy
Depends which man you ask

Of course not.. what's supposed to be the link between hairstyle and independence!?

Independence is an attitude. The "if I want to do something, I'm going to make it happen for myself" attitude.

Whereas a short bob is the quickest way to ruin the look of your head.

Edit: In fact, when I was quite a lot younger I had long hair, about bottom of the shoulder blades length. It wasn't much of a pain, really, it just could take a long time to dry sometimes. Guys don't know that hair (which isn't fussed into a style everyday, of course) is not difficult to look after.
(edited 8 years ago)
I have a preferance for long hair, but short hair can work, I've seen some pretty cute parisian looking girls do really well with the short hair look.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending