The Student Room Group

Private candidate help?!!?!!?!?!

can anyone give me any advice on private candidates. I am currently sitting my as levels but i dont think i got the grades. can i pay to sit my a2 even if i dont get the AS grades? how much would it cost?
Original post by WhiteFishhh
can anyone give me any advice on private candidates. I am currently sitting my as levels but i dont think i got the grades. can i pay to sit my a2 even if i dont get the AS grades? how much would it cost?

If you've got an E or above in your AS levels, you should be able to take them forward to A2. You'd probably need to re-sit the AS if you get U's though.

I did my GCSEs as a private candidate and I believe the cost is upwards of £30 per exam entry. However, it probably depends on the centre you sit the exam at.
Reply 2
Original post by WhiteFishhh

You can take A2 exams as a private candidate whereever you can find a centre willing to accept you but the coursework tends to cause a real problem. It's a sellers' market so exam centres can charge a lot - anything under £30 a unit is good value.

Quick Reply

Latest