The Student Room Group

Nigel Pearson sacked... again

Scroll to see replies

According to pat murphy from bbc it is to do with his son.

Is pat murphy that holier than thou beeb journalist that doesn't go to any Leicester press conference but felt compelled to appear and a hero after the whole ostrich issue and chastise Pearson (even after he apologised) because well, grown men can't defend themselves.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by jam277
Pardew shoulda stayed at newcastle.

Wheres the logic in that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Football is a very fickle game and chairpersons/owners have short memories...
Original post by atom y humber
According to pat murphy from bbc it is to do with his son.

Is pat murphy that holier than doe beeb journalist that doesn't go to any Leicester press conference but felt compelled to appear and a hero and after the whole ostrich issue (and after Pearson apologised) because well, grown men can't defend themselves.

I don't get why it's to do with his son if he already dismissed him from the club-surely that was the right thing to do?
Original post by Danny the Geezer
I don't get why it's to do with his son if he already dismissed him from the club-surely that was the right thing to do?

Yeah same here. It's only pay murphy that's saying it was to do with it whilst others are saying it might. How someone who doesn't go to pressies and probably has no inside info will know more than others is suspicious to me.

It was a strange article from beeb with quotes from their own staff.
Original post by atom y humber
Yeah same here. It's only pay murphy that's saying it was to do with it whilst others are saying it might. How someone who doesn't go to pressies and probably has no inside info will know more than others is suspicious to me.

It was a strange article from beeb with quotes from their own staff.

Link?
I don't understand why it would have to do with his son. Did he have a future anyway at the club?
Original post by jennymather
He should have been sacked as soon as he strangled McArthur! The guy is crazy!

Why? The player himself said that incident was blown massively out of proportion and was basically nothing. Sacking a manager for some misguided outside view of an incident that both sides have played down would be madness.
Original post by shawn_o1
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33339566

P.S. this now puts Brendan Rodgers second behind Wenger in terms of Premier League managerial longevity o_o

I actually had to go through the table and check that...so weird.
SSN reporting that Big Sam was approached and has said he's not interested. FFS - so whoever we get is going to be a step backwards then.
Reply 30
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
Probably the only good realistic shout. Klopp falling from 40s to 12s excites me, but he'd never come here, that's a daft bet going on and bookies closing up in case they actually had some inside info. Other than that it's o'neill, who doesn't go back and is sadly past it, Lennon, a poor manager who wouldn't even be discussed if he wasn't a former player or gravelthroat, and frankly he'd be a disaster, bring in him and probably 20m on Boyd and frankly automatic relegation should be issued.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Big Sam is never one to stay out of the game long, either. A shrewd appointment of it happens I think.
Was rooting for Leicester beginning of last season and they miraculously stayed up. If it wasn't for Pearson, Bye-Bye Leicester, enjoy the championship. I'm not a Leicester fan, but I hope they do find someone who's good for the club.

I personally think it is to do with the son's incident, but the again that could be the media's manipulation.
Big Sam one of the favourites for the job-Moyes 5/1 lol.
Original post by Xphoenix
Was rooting for Leicester beginning of last season and they miraculously stayed up. If it wasn't for Pearson, Bye-Bye Leicester, enjoy the championship. I'm not a Leicester fan, but I hope they do find someone who's good for the club.

I personally think it is to do with the son's incident, but the again that could be the media's manipulation.

imo Pearson didn't do all that much in the survival-his players pulled together and it was a typical dogfight-situation-gritty performances and luck like the last minute Vardy goal etc-although tbf Pearson probably was the motivational figure so my point is kind of redundant :holmes:
He probably, finally, got round to pissing off the right person, hardly a surprise.

Football is a very fickle game and chairpersons/owners have short memories...

For the first 28-30 games last season, Leicester were largely, total crap. Fair enough they pulled it out of the hat and stayed up, but for people to even consider a manager lost 18 his first 29 games in charge (7 draws, 4 wins) is plainly ridiculous.

I won't be sad to see him go, I don't like him,as a 'personality' (person seems a little strong, I don't know him outside of his public persona) or as a manager.
http://www.winnersports.co.uk/nigel-pearson-considering-legal-action-after-sacking-76621

Oh christ, nice to have become a circus again :rolleyes:

Original post by mojojojo101
He probably, finally, got round to pissing off the right person, hardly a surprise.
For the first 28-30 games last season, Leicester were largely, total crap. Fair enough they pulled it out of the hat and stayed up, but for people to even consider a manager lost 18 his first 29 games in charge (7 draws, 4 wins) is plainly ridiculous.
I won't be sad to see him go, I don't like him,as a 'personality' (person seems a little strong, I don't know him outside of his public persona) or as a manager.

Eh, the performances were better than the results in those 20 games (let's be clear, we were excellent the first five games and good around the new year as well) and justified far more points than we got. Spurs on Boxing day in particular... but for Lloris we could have won by 4 or 5 and it would have been thoroughly deserved.
To be fair it's probably tough for the chairman to work with a manager when he knows the guy couldn't bring his son up right to the degree that the prick was involved in a racist sex tape with a prostitute of his own nationality.

Pearson seems like the kind of **** who would try to defend his son over it too...
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
http://www.winnersports.co.uk/nigel-pearson-considering-legal-action-after-sacking-76621
Oh christ, nice to have become a circus again :rolleyes:
Eh, the performances were better than the results in those 20 games (let's be clear, we were excellent the first five games and good around the new year as well) and justified far more points than we got. Spurs on Boxing day in particular... but for Lloris we could have won by 4 or 5 and it would have been thoroughly deserved.

And as is plainly obvious, playing well in itself doesn't get you anywhere.

Manager of the YEAR is an award for the best manager over the YEAR, do you actually believe that doing well in only the last 2 months qualifies you for an award for performance over the YEAR.
Original post by mojojojo101
And as is plainly obvious, playing well in itself doesn't get you anywhere.
Manager of the YEAR is an award for the best manager over the YEAR, do you actually believe that doing well in only the last 2 months qualifies you for an award for performance over the YEAR.

Where did I say he should get manager of the year (That should have been Monks all day long). Just that we were hardly **** last year - the results weren't quite there but the performances were. The run at the end of the season was essentially what was deserved from the previous 8 months.
Link?

On mobile. This is difficult to use enough as it is that I'd rather not attempt posting link. It's easy to find anyways- just look at the bbc articles and compare it to other outlets.

Quick Reply

Latest