The Student Room Group

Nigel Pearson sacked... again

Really strange timing. I'm guessing this is transfer related.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by sr90
Really strange timing. I'm guessing this is transfer related.

Seems similar to Pulis and Crystal Palace last summer?
http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/leicester-city-parts-company-with-nigel-pearson-2515428.aspx

Leicester City Football Club has today (Tuesday) relieved its First Team Manager, Nigel Pearson, of his duties.The Board of Directors recognises the success Nigel has helped to bring to Leicester City during his two spells in charge of the Club, particularly during the last three and a half years. However, it has become clear to the Club that fundamental differences in perspective exist between us. Regrettably, the Club believes that the working relationship between Nigel and the Board is no longer viable.

Leicester City’s owners, Vichai and Aiyawatt Srivaddhanaprabha, and the Board of Directors would like to place on record their thanks to Nigel for the considerable contribution he has made during his time with the Club and wish him well in the future.

Khun Vichai and Khun Top remain wholly committed to the Club’s long-term development and to on going investment in a squad that will continue to be competitive in the Premier League. We trust that the Club’s supporters will recognise that the owners have always acted with the best interests of the Club at heart and with the Club’s long-term future as their greatest priority.

Craig Shakespeare and Steve Walsh will take charge of first team duties while the Club begins its recruitment of a new manager. There will be no further comment until this process has concluded.

Strange statement, particularly about the working relationship. Serious concerns if it is about transfer policy given his was always a sensible one of unearthing cheap gems and supplementing them with low cost old heads.

Shame to see him go, he's given me a club to be proud of again, from laughing stock in league one to solid championship side, from expensive championship **** to winning the championship with ease and then the greatest escape last season. Very much a case of king is dead, long live the king. Concerned he'll take Steve Walsh with him, great scout, and the next appointment needs to be a good one.
(edited 8 years ago)
I'll miss him. His interviews/press conferences and the odd strangling of a player..!

Wonder whether ANY of it might have to do with his son's departure from the club after racist orgy in Thailand that upset the owners. Possibly, felt that the boys were harshly treated? But imagine it might have been to do with transfers for next season but intrigued by how will get the nod.

John Carver is available.
He's white so he'll jump into another job before december
Original post by Aky786UK
I'll miss him. His interviews/press conferences and the odd strangling of a player..!

Wonder whether ANY of it might have to do with his son's departure from the club after racist orgy in Thailand that upset the owners. Possibly, felt that the boys were harshly treated? But imagine it might have been to do with transfers for next season but intrigued by how will get the nod.

John Carver is available.

He was a strong supporter of the kick it out campaign though so I'd doubt it.

No. A thousand nos to Carver or ****ing wheeler dealer Harry. I'd rather appoint Bernie manager than either of them.
SSN touting Dyche.

Reply 8
Get Ian Holloway in
Original post by difeo
Get Ian Holloway in

:laugh: He'd last about 5 minutes into the first match before the demands for him to be sacked would be made - massively unpopular given he took us into league one - even Moyes at United had a longer grace period than he would get.
Reply 10
He's free to become a Slug and Lettuce doorman.
Lesta will get someone really random from abroad like Watford did.

Jokanovic is available.
Original post by sr90
Lesta will get someone really random from abroad like Watford did.

Jokanovic is available.

He's gone Tel Aviv
Reply 13
Wonder if this is anything to do with his son's sacking.
Reply 14
It wi be to do with his son getting axed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Big Sam to replace him?
Original post by Mackay
Big Sam to replace him?

Probably the only good realistic shout. Klopp falling from 40s to 12s excites me, but he'd never come here, that's a daft bet going on and bookies closing up in case they actually had some inside info. Other than that it's o'neill, who doesn't go back and is sadly past it, Lennon, a poor manager who wouldn't even be discussed if he wasn't a former player or gravelthroat, and frankly he'd be a disaster, bring in him and probably 20m on Boyd and frankly automatic relegation should be issued.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mackay
Wonder if this is anything to do with his son's sacking.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33339566

P.S. this now puts Brendan Rodgers second behind Wenger in terms of Premier League managerial longevity o_o
Pardew shoulda stayed at newcastle.
He should have been sacked as soon as he strangled McArthur! The guy is crazy!

Quick Reply

Latest