The Student Room Group

What age do you want to have children?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Mr Smurf
Late 20s but probably never will. :sad:

Keep trying and you may one day get your dream of having a white girl.
Original post by jcwh97
Kids should bring you more happiness than anything else but lol whatever floats your boat

Posted from TSR Mobile

changing ****ty nappies all day and getting woken up at 3am every night? lmao no thanks
25/26. Salary won't change massively for me over the years so waiting makes no difference career wise and with all the not so good medical history in my family I d like to have them at that age as it has less risks than in your 30s and 40s.
Reply 23
Original post by Smug Life
changing ****ty nappies all day and getting woken up at 3am every night? lmao no thanks

Like I said whatever floats your boat

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well I'm 23 now and this was around the age I said I wanted to have children.

Personally I'd just rather wait for the right person to come along, and to be in a better position financially.
probs 29. Being financially stable is key in my opinion to bringing a healthy child up.
Late twenties and early thirties. That way, I'll be financially stable and still young enough to have kids.
27 ish ideally (originally wanted them earlier but don't think that will be possible as hoping to do a medicine degree, starting when I'm 20) - surprised so many people want them so late!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 29
Before 30
After 25/26
If I hit 30 and still don't have any kids then I'll start getting worried. I cant imagine having kids any earlier.many of my friends are having kids now (we are 26-27) and when I visit them I just think ' nah I'll wait a little bit longer before I join the club '
Now.
I want to have my first between 25-30.
Never for logical and moral reasons.
In my case the best age to get children is bygone. I guess it is about 25 or 26, but I have overcome this edge yet.
I'm also going to say at the age of never.
if I met the guy of my dreams probably mid 20s. Realistically probably early 30s
It'd be nice to have at least one before 30 (late 20's), because that would mean by the time I'm 50, they will be grown up. Also, as my parents were older when they had me, they'll be around to see for that bit longer if I have one in my late 20's.
I had my first aged 20, I'm 22 now it's been a hard slog, we bought our first home last year waiting until this one is at school 5/6 before i have another.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending