The Student Room Group

What age do you want to have children?

Scroll to see replies

Personally, I would like to have kids from the age of 25.

Hopefully with the right guy.
Personally I want to have a couple of kids in my early 20s

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mid 20s... But then I want to become a surgeon so :/
My bf wants to have babies at 29 but I want to have them at 25 the latest :h:
Early 30's I suppose
Reply 45
Somewhere probably around 35. Having kids in your teens and 20s takes all your freedom away far too early. If your only goal in life is to make money, reproduce then die then fine by if you have any sort of dreams then having kids kills most of them. This is from a male perspective and my personal opinion
Early 30s. 33 by the very latest
I don't want to tie myself down like that. I believe that it's best to have fun, because that's what life is for.
I don't want to have any kids at all. I don't want anything to kill my vibe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Early 20s for me I think I've always wanted children and always will plus my mum had me around that age! I am in a very strong relationship now (I'm 17) and hopefully that will continue!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would like to have them when I'm pretty much in my mid/late 20s maybe and I'm hopefully in a good job and have a house and be able to raise a child rather than too young with lack of these really. I'm 18 at the moment so maybe another ten or so years
I was 24 when I had my child. At least another one hopefully before I am 28.
i wanted kids when I was 16 actually, god knows why hahaha, but now I'm thinking 24/25 after I graduate :smile:
Late 20s
27 minimum
id say i want to be married around 25/26 so id have children around 28-32, however i really like having young parents, (they had me at 26) so preferably before I'm into my 30s
(edited 8 years ago)
Interesting responses, one thing though. My girlfriend is always telling me how its better to have your first child when you're younger (for women) and that beyond 30 its pushing it in terms of the optimal time to have your first child. Apprantly having your FIRST child after this time make the preganancy and birth harder and also could affect the babies health negatively. A one woman having her second child at 30 will have an easier time than one having her first any time beyodn 30.
Late 20s. I don't want to have my first child when I'm in my late 30s. Too late in my opinion. You just can't win, you must have a career and juggle a family.
The youngest I want to be is 24 as I will hopefully have finished uni and been working for the last 3 years by then (I'm 20 now). By then, I'd been financially stable and hopefully in a stable relationship so..

Posted from TSR Mobile
The best time for a female in a relationship i reckon is actually to do it early so about 20, for a man it's his late twenties and early thirties.

I myself doubt i'll produce an heir before i'm 30.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending