The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Example Year 2 Timetables MLANG at Cardiff Uni?

Do any previous second year MLANG students have their timetables that I could see, just wondering how many hours/breaks etc. I do French and German but would like to see any other second year MLANG timetables :smile: Thankss!
Hey, I've just finished my final year at Cardiff in MLANG. I took German and Spanish and then changed to Translation... :-) In second year I had about 12 hours a week and maybe 2/3 hours a day. I scheduled most classes close together so I didn't have to go and come back but you can spread them out (on some days I had an hour to wait/get lunch etc.) - especially language classes where there's a choice of times. In cultural modules there's only one seminar so you haven't got a choice. In second year I didn't have many very early (like 9am) or late classes but obviously they change every year. Hope this helps! :-D
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ich<3languages
Hey, I've just finished my final year at Cardiff in MLANG. I took German and Spanish and then changed to Translation... :-) In second year I had about 12 hours a week and maybe 2/3 hours a day. I scheduled most classes close together so I didn't have to go and come back but you can spread them out (on some days I had an hour to wait/get lunch etc.) - especially language classes where there's a choice of times. In cultural modules there's only one seminar so you haven't got a choice. In second year I didn't have many very early (like 9am) or late classes but obviously they change every year. Hope this helps! :-D

Thank you! :smile:
So did you not have any culture lectures or just the one seminar a week?
Hey, yeah cultural modules have two lectures and a seminar each. I think each language module is 20 credits now, so if you take joint honours you have 80 credits of cultural modules. Depending on which lecturers are there at the time, some classes are in autumn and some are in spring, so you might have one semester busier than the other. This year in semester 1 I just had three classes all week, and then had 9 classes a week after Christmas. In second year you also have the chance to be involved in more speaking classes with native speaking students as well, which sometimes is/ is not part of the official timetable. :-) You're welcome :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ich<3languages
Hey, yeah cultural modules have two lectures and a seminar each. I think each language module is 20 credits now, so if you take joint honours you have 80 credits of cultural modules. Depending on which lecturers are there at the time, some classes are in autumn and some are in spring, so you might have one semester busier than the other. This year in semester 1 I just had three classes all week, and then had 9 classes a week after Christmas. In second year you also have the chance to be involved in more speaking classes with native speaking students as well, which sometimes is/ is not part of the official timetable. :-) You're welcome :smile:

Hi again, so in your first semester of final year, you onl had 3 contact hours a week?

Quick Reply