The Student Room Group

Cousin's bf cheated on her LDR

Hi guys, I'm hoping someone can help me out. So long story short:
They both met when she came to visit me 3/4 years ago, and I found out about it probably 1/2 years ago. She told me that they have a lot of arguments and his behavior changes every time and that he has lied before. He would often avoid talking to her and has ignored her for 2 weeks straight previously, stating work as an excuse. So for the past month he has been acting extra weird and she found out a few days ago that he cheated on her... And now he's going around blaming her, saying that he didn't love her and that she forced him to :frown:

I've told my cousin to forget about him and move on, but she keeps saying that I love him and that she can't live without him and that she doesn't know what to do. I get that it's hard to forget someone you've loved for a long time, but he doesn't seem to have any regrets for his actions. I'm not sure what to do, should I just let time heal her pain?
banter
Reply 2
tell her to grow a backbone and have some respect for herself and leave him
Reply 3
Plot Twist

LDR stands for Laser Driven Robot
Reply 4
Original post by ms-13
tell her to grow a backbone and have some respect for herself and leave him

I've told her to have some dignity and move on. I've told her to dump him even before she found out about the cheating, but she's just repeating the same thing. I asked if she will go back to him if he regrets his actions and she has said no
Original post by A5ko
Plot Twist
LDR stands for Laser Driven Robot

bahaha.

Original post by Anonymous
They both met when she came to visit me 3/4 years ago, and I found out about it probably 1/2 years ago. She told me that they have a lot of arguments and his behavior changes every time and that he has lied before. He would often avoid talking to her and has ignored her for 2 weeks straight previously, stating work as an excuse. So for the past month he has been acting extra weird and she found out a few days ago that he cheated on her... And now he's going around blaming her, saying that he didn't love her and that she forced him to :frown:
I've told my cousin to forget about him and move on, but she keeps saying that I love him and that she can't live without him and that she doesn't know what to do. I get that it's hard to forget someone you've loved for a long time, but he doesn't seem to have any regrets for his actions. I'm not sure what to do, should I just let time heal her pain?

I don't get it. Did he cheat on her with you? Otherwise, why is it your business, truly?
Reply 6

Ok this is what you should do. Tell your cousin to be as obsessive as possible. Tell her to sit outside his house and ring him lots and lots of times. If time is an issue here maybe think about hiring a private detective to find out exactly what he's doing. If he ends up with a new gf tell her to act like a crazy bitch and beat the crap out of whoever it is. Following these steps is the only solution to this problem. Make sure you reinforce the point about being a crazy bitch as that could be the pinnacle point.
Reply 7
Original post by Man.bear.pig
bahaha.

I don't get it. Did he cheat on her with you? Otherwise, why is it your business, truly?

Hell no! Yuck! Thanks for making me throw up! :puke:
Because I care about her, I don't want her to do something stupid/ spoil her life. She has mentioned before that she won't get married to anyone else, because of this idiot. I get it's totally up to her what she wants to do in her life, but she can't spoil her life thinking about an idiot who didn't even love her half as much as she did.
Reply 8
does her life revolve around him maybe thats why she doesnt want to leave him
Hell no! Yuck! Thanks for making me throw up! :puke:
Because I care about her, I don't want her to do something stupid/ spoil her life. She has mentioned before that she won't get married to anyone else, because of this idiot. I get it's totally up to her what she wants to do in her life, but she can't spoil her life thinking about an idiot who didn't even love her half as much as she did.

rofl. :K:

Well I had a few words for you at first but as you're not in the wrong, I personally have no erm advice, it's a bit over my head.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
rofl. :K:

Well I had a few words for you at first but as you're not in the wrong, I personally have no erm advice, it's a bit over my head.

Good that we cleared that out!
Original post by ms-13
does her life revolve around him maybe thats why she doesnt want to leave him

She was madly in love with him. She has tried to let him go many times, but he would always convince her that he loved her and say that he'll die without her. Now he's going around telling others that it was her who said she'll die if he didn't love her

Quick Reply

Latest