The Student Room Group

Boyfriend in America

Is a boyfriend who is in America, that you met online really that bad?

Scroll to see replies

Depends. Can you Skype to confirm he's legit? Can you two visit each other? Are you prepared to have a long-distance relationship that spans numerous timezones?

If yes to all of the above, go for it. If there are any nos, you need to think about things carefully (although the relationship can still work). I must warn you though, LDRs can be pretty painful at times, moreso at that distance.
Reply 2
Original post by UnicornSparkle13
Depends. Can you Skype to confirm he's legit? Can you two visit each other? Are you prepared to have a long-distance relationship that spans numerous timezones?

If yes to all of the above, go for it. If there are any nos, you need to think about things carefully (although the relationship can still work). I must warn you though, LDRs can be pretty painful at times, moreso at that distance.

Well we are already together. We met online. We can video chat and we are both prepared to try to make it work. It isn't really the distance that worries people it is more my age.
Original post by Bham369
Well we are already together. We met online. We can video chat and we are both prepared to try to make it work. It isn't really the distance that worries people it is more my age.

How old are you, and how old is he?
Reply 4
quite sad
Reply 5
How old are you, and how old is he?

We are both 15.
Reply 6
Original post by Bham369

Anyone you have only met online and never spoke to in person is nothing. Call me old fashioned but how can anyone call someone they have never met in person their bf of gf
Reply 7
Original post by abc_1234
quite sad

How is it sad?
Reply 8
how are you even gonna meet each other unless you're both rich and can afford it
Original post by Bham369
We are both 15.

So what's wrong with your age? Hahaha xD

Original post by willock
Anyone you have only met online and never spoke to in person is nothing. Call me old fashioned but how can anyone call someone they have never met in person their bf of gf

Welcome to the technological age :L There's no reason people can't be together, because they can Skype, talk over the phone, etc. Not the same as real life though...
Reply 10
So what's wrong with your age? Hahaha xD

Problem with age is we are both "minor".

Welcome to the technological age :L There's no reason people can't be together, because they can Skype, talk over the phone, etc. Not the same as real life though...

No it isn't the same as real life but we can still be together!
Original post by Bham369
No it isn't the same as real life but we can still be together!

Quick question. Did you go looking for love or did it find you?
Original post by ms-13
how are you even gonna meet each other unless you're both rich and can afford it

Really? You don't have to be rich to travel to America. It's cheaper when it's not in holiday season. Possibly £350 or less if you find a good cheap deal.
Original post by Bham369

Its not bad. It can just be stressful.
Original post by Bham369

Answering your question... Nope not bad. I've been together with a guy I met online for nearly two years.
Original post by Bham369
We are both 15.

Too young.

Original post by willock

^This. I think it's nonsense to have a online relationship without actually meeting the person.

Plus, online dating for a young child is dangerous.

You don't know the person's true history and where at this kind of age are you going to find money to travel all the way to see somebody, let alone travel by yourself?

If OP wants a relationship, it's better to have one at short distance.

Although most relationships at that age don't last.

Never abandon education.
Reply 16
Quick question. Did you go looking for love or did it find you?

Well I think it found me. I was only looking for friends. Found him. We were friends for a while, then we started going out and the rest they say is history!
Original post by Bham369
Well I think it found me. I was only looking for friends. Found him. We were friends for a while, then we started going out and the rest they say is history!

Eh, but you went searching. Idk
He's not your boyfriend, you're not in a relationship. You have a pen pal who lives in America.
Original post by Bham369
How is it sad?

you havent even met him? hows that a relationship

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending