The Student Room Group

What would civilisation look like if the average IQ was 150?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cranbrook_aspie
STDs wouldn't be a problem, and neither would dangerous illegal drugs. In terms of politics, the likes of Ukip wouldn't be nearly as popular. Other than that, it wouldn't be much different.

Maybe if the average IQ was 150, people would be entitled to their political opinions without being regarded as stupid.
Original post by TrynaMakeGainz
That only counts for white jewish people as nearly all the nobel proze winners were white jews because they rule the world and they have caused third world immigration into the west like the once great britain. Ironic little jew boi that you are trying to claim you are superior and an aryan type race. Dont get gassed little jew... Oh wait

> says jews rule the world
> says they're not superior

where's the logic, why counter thyself?
depressed
virgins everywhere
coffee and libraries would be in short demand
no religion
everyone would be on TSR 24/7
war would cease to exist (in the coventional sense, will have technological warfare)- politics would be overthrown
Reply 43
Original post by Slim and proud
If the average IQ was 150, there would be people with better IQs, so the average IQs of 150 are completely irrelevant. I'd rather have ideas driven by people with IQs of 180 than 150, thank you very much.

I'm assuming a normal distribution

You aren't making sense

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by SotonianOne
> says jews rule the world
> says they're not superior

where's the logic, why counter thyself?

Aww jew boy calm yourself down
Original post by TrynaMakeGainz
Aww jew boy calm yourself down

I'm not even Jewish, but k.

Your inferiority complex is funny. On a food bank? :wink:
Ignorance is bliss
A lot more people would be unhappy.
STDs wouldn't be a problem, and neither would dangerous illegal drugs. In terms of politics, the likes of Ukip wouldn't be nearly as popular. Other than that, it wouldn't be much different.

Intelligent people are much more likely to use drugs. They're useful for opening up the mind from the dull, everyday World.
Original post by RobML
You aren't making sense

Posted from TSR Mobile

As a person who always aspires to do better, I wouldn't consider the average a standard to go by and if the population average IQ was 150, that would be irrelevant to me because my benchmark would be higher than the average.
Original post by StrangeBanana
:lol: Nice attempt to salvage some pride, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed. The distribution of IQ has nothing to do with it, as long as both the current and proposed civilisation have the same one (and the OP hasn't given the proposed one a different distribution in his question, so there's no reason to assume it does), just with different averages.

Honestly, the stupidity required to misunderstand the question that hard is astonishing.

I repeat what I said to the above poster:

Going by nature of distribution, I wouldn't consider 150 a gold standard and if the population average IQ was 150, that would be irrelevant to me because my benchmark would be higher than the average.

I don't care if the poster didn't mention distribution. IQ distribution isn't flat, so average really means nothing in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter what the figure is.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Yellow636
Maybe if the average IQ was 150, people would be entitled to their political opinions without being regarded as stupid.

I wasn't insinuating that anyone who supports Ukip is stupid. But Ukip puts out a lot of vague right-wing hype and very few concrete policies. the higher someone's IQ, the more likely they are to not be content with the hype and to want to analyse and understand the actual policies. And someone who cuts through all the right wing hysteria and looks at Ukip in terms of actual policies is much less likely to vote for them.
Original post by capitalismstinks
In other words, you go to third world to take a break from civilisation.

If the average person of the future was as capable as the exceptional person today, then it's bizarre to think it would not have an effect on civilisation.

For one, think of the technological advances that would be made? Civilisation is essentially the product of technological advancement after all.

Some uncivilised, self sustaining populations are perfectly happy the way they are. Who are you to suggest they would be better if they were more sophisticated?

People in primitive communities are probably much happier than you depressed people who sit behind computers all day.

Civilisation might be good for businesses and big corporations, but it's not always good for individuals

Where's the joy for an individual if they can post on social media, but then are failing to put food on the table for their families? Unfortunately this currently is happening in emerging economies. You clever clogs would do well to get away from your computer screens and see the world a bit.
(edited 8 years ago)
I wasn't insinuating that anyone who supports Ukip is stupid. But Ukip puts out a lot of vague right-wing hype and very few concrete policies. the higher someone's IQ, the more likely they are to not be content with the hype and to want to analyse and understand the actual policies. And someone who cuts through all the right wing hysteria and looks at Ukip in terms of actual policies is much less likely to vote for them.

This is bizarre claim, as the bulk of left wing support comes from poorer areas. Poorer areas have lower average IQ than middle class areas, which tend to vote right wing.

I don't have any tribal political loyalty, before you accuse me of being right wing.
(edited 8 years ago)
Some uncivilised, self sustaining populations are perfectly happy the way they are. Who are you to suggest they would be better if they were more sophisticated?

People in primitive communities are probably much happier than you depressed people who sit behind computers all day.

Civilisation might be good for businesses and big corporations, but it's not always good for individuals

Where's the joy for an individual if they can post on social media, but then are failing to put food on the table for their families? Unfortunately this currently is happening in emerging economies. You clever clogs would do well to get away from your computer screens and see the world a bit.

Yes, and plants are even happier than primitive communities by that logic.

The 'clever clogs' have dragged humanity out of the cave and into space. Maybe you would prefer humanity to wallow in backwardness until the sun explodes and ends everything anyway?

Civilisation is about reaching up. Becoming better. If humanity is to survive, then finding a place in the stars is essential.

'Designer baby' technology. Which is another invention of 'clever clogs', hopefully will make this average possible and beyond....and please don't tell me if you had the chance to have a baby with a guaranteed IQ of 150 you would decline.
(edited 8 years ago)
I repeat what I said to the above poster:
Going by nature of distribution, I wouldn't consider 150 a gold standard and if the population average IQ was 150, that would be irrelevant to me because my benchmark would be higher than the average.
I don't care if the poster didn't mention distribution. IQ distribution isn't flat, so average really means nothing in the grand scheme of things, doesn't matter what the figure is.

Let's illustrate this:

You're saying a civilisation in which 99.5% of people have an IQ of above 100 would be no different to one in which only 50% do?
Original post by StrangeBanana
Let's illustrate this:

You're saying a civilisation in which 99.5% of people have an IQ of above 100 would be no different to one in which only 50% do?

My benchmark of great thinking would be higher than 150, so the abilities of people with an IQ wouldn't matter in my book.

Your second graph has a negative skew and isn't normally distributed. That doesn't happen with IQ.
Reply 56
My benchmark of great thinking would be higher than 150, so the abilities of people with an IQ wouldn't matter in my book.

Your second graph has a negative skew and isn't normally distributed. That doesn't happen with IQ.

Your answer is completely irrelevant to what has been asked

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by capitalismstinks
Yes, and plants are even happier than primitive communities by that logic.

The 'clever clogs' have dragged humanity out of the cave and into space. Maybe you would prefer humanity to wallow in backwardness until the sun explodes and ends everything anyway?

Civilisation is about reaching up. Becoming better. If humanity is to survive, then finding a place in the stars is essential.

'Designer baby' technology. Which is another invention of 'clever clogs', hopefully will make this average possible and beyond....and please don't tell me if you had the chance to have a baby with a guaranteed IQ of 150 you would decline.

Me being interested in a designer baby? Are you kidding me. Just shows how ignorant you are. If that's what you want, then that's your prerogative. Don't assume that the things you are interested are what the rest of the world wants. You would do well to step away from your machine.

It's no wonder people like you went out colonised the world to impose your systems and ways of thinking, then you have the nerve to complain about immigrants coming into the country.

There's always a price to pay. You can't have your cake and eat it.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by RobML
Your answer is completely irrelevant to what has been asked

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not my answer. My answer is in my first response, you idiot.
Me being interested in a designer baby? Are you kidding me. Just shows how ignorant you are. If that's what you want, then that's your prerogative. Don't assume that the things you are interested are what the rest of the world wants. You would do well to step away from your machine.

It's no wonder people like you went out colonised the world to impose your systems and ways of thinking, then you have the nerve to complain about immigrants coming into the country.

There's always a price to pay. You can't have your cake and eat it.

Half of my family are immigrants. Lol

But, this bizarre comment of yours reveals your true motives. It also exposes you as a racist.

Hey, if you don't like technological progress then move to the third world.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending