The Student Room Group

Jealous of my friends/peers?

Hi,
So I've just finished my GCSEs and l'm a frequent user of social media sites/apps like Snapchat, Facebook etc. Recently I've been feeling a bit down every time I see photos from people from my year out at parties whilst I'm just at home. I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself and instead should be happy with my friends but I can't help but feel jealous of other people's lives.

Does anyone else have this problem or am I just being silly?
You don't need to go to parties to feel good, why follow the crowd?

Maybe visit family friends or propose to do something with your friends like going to the cinema, library or whatever.
Op, you are just being silly.
never been to a party, turned out quite succesfully. :smile:
Original post by 08Mercyf
Op, you are just being silly.

And you're being rude. Op feels lonely, why not be empathetic and see how he feels. Your suggestion is not good advice tbh, op may not have close friends to do stuff with.

Op ignore this person. Try and occupy yourself by watching a new show and try and make friends in year 12. And btw year 12 is way better than year 11 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by xoflower
And you're being rude. Op feels lonely, why not be empathetic and see how he feels. Your suggestion is not good advice tbh, op may not have close friends to do stuff with.

Op ignore this person. Try and occupy yourself by watching a new show and try and make friends in year 12. And btw year 12 is way better than year 11 :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you, I'm moving schools for sixth form so hopefully that will help with the friend thing :smile:
Original post by xoflower

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you say so.
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,
So I've just finished my GCSEs and l'm a frequent user of social media sites/apps like Snapchat, Facebook etc. Recently I've been feeling a bit down every time I see photos from people from my year out at parties whilst I'm just at home. I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself and instead should be happy with my friends but I can't help but feel jealous of other people's lives.

Does anyone else have this problem or am I just being silly?

If you want that stuff you need go out there and get it. You need to go out and make the relationships with people so they'll invite you to chit.

The only thing I would say about fb though is that it gives you a very skewed view of the reality of ppl's lives. Most people's lives are boring as phuck, and like only 5% of their lives is worth talking about, but ofc they only post this 5% and that gives the the impression their lives are amazing, when in reality they're not as exciting as their fb profile would lead you to believe.
Okay.

Step 1. Put on 'Reasons Not To Be An Idiot' by Frank Turner.
Step 2. Think about all the good times or moments you've had in your life which just didn't happen to be caught on camera.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you, I'm moving schools for sixth form so hopefully that will help with the friend thing :smile:

No problem :smile: just make sure to be friendly and talk to anyone that seems lonely or bored but don't force anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending