The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Defering?

I applied to Durham (butler) in October for Chemistry, entry in 2007. I recieved a letter today saying that I would be recieving an offer shorty. Now though I'd rather start in 2008 as I've applied for a one year art course. Should I ring and ask if it's too late to defer? I don't want to risk my offer as I'd rather miss out on the art course than durham, obviously but do you think they'd consider it?
I'm also not sure if I should ring now or after i recieve the actual offer.:confused:

*cringes at the typo in the thread title.. sorry*
I am fairly confident that they would let you do that. Only one way to find out though, ring them and ask!
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
i deferred after mine was sent to a college and i'm in :smile:
Reply 3
I asked to defer after I got an offer and was told to ***** off. I reckon it was because they wanted me to reapply and pay top-up fees, which I then did. Rubbish. Definitely ring up as soon as possible.
Reply 4
i think it depends what u wanna do in the year
Reply 5
I don't really think it does - I think it depends on department policy. The English dept don't let ANYONE defer, because they get so many applicants that they say that letting someone defer after applying is unfair on those who applied for deferred entry in the first place and had to be turned down on account of numbers.

Latest

Trending

Trending