The Student Room Group

First time clubbing

Hi everybody,
I turn 18 in a couple of weeks, and later in the week I am planning on going clubbing with a few friends. The thing is, the one person who has been clubbing before can't make it on the night, so basically I'm trying to plan to go clubbing with a group of people who, like me, have never been to a club before.
I guess I'm just asking people for advice here on how not to look like a noob (oh and btw if there's anyone reading this from Manchester, we're thinking factory, if that helps). Any advice on when to go, what to do when we get there, etc etc, would be much appreciated :smile:
Thanks!
Prepare for high prices, bad alcohol, bad music and music so loud you can't even talk to someone with their ear an inch away from your mouth while you're shouting. Possibly the most anti-social experience in existence - unless you enjoy dancing for its own sake, or fancy yourself the type to rub yourself against women you've never met before and try and force your tongue down a stranger's throat, then don't expect much in the way of entertainment.
Reply 2
I've never been clubbing either and I'm not 18 until October. But, my sister goes clubbing a lot and gives me advice so.

But, I'm sure you know how to stay safe etc? I could give you advice on that anyway, listed below ^-^
Don't leave drinks unattended, the date rape drug/pill is real. Personally, if a guy bought me a drink and I seen the bartender make the drink I'd still not accept it :tongue:
Always stay in a group, never go separate. So, if one friend needs the toilet at least have another person with them.

Just have fun, stay hydrated. Don't drink too much to the point you have no idea where you are :laugh:

any other questions :tongue:?
Follow these simple steps and you'll have a fabulous night:

Step 1) leave your items unattended
Step 2) accept drinks from strangers (even better when they offer!!!)
Step 3) just stand in the middle of the dance floor and do nothing
Step 4) remember not to bring a portable charger (don't want your annoying parents and drunk friends to ruin the fun!!!!)
Step 5) allow the cute person you got off with during the night to take you home

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 4
Thanks very much! You seem to have covered everything in your post haha, much appreciated

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Haha yeah I got the sarcasm :P thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Be prepared to despise clubbing, yet still have the desire to continue going out every damn weekend.
Reply 7
If there is a local pub or bar serving cheap drink, go there first to get drunk before you go in as the drink in the club is so overpriced. As long as you are not completely fckd when u go in otherwise they will throw you out. Other then that just enjoy yourself mate.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Friar Chris
Prepare for high prices, bad alcohol, bad music and music so loud you can't even talk to someone with their ear an inch away from your mouth while you're shouting. Possibly the most anti-social experience in existence - unless you enjoy dancing for its own sake, or fancy yourself the type to rub yourself against women you've never met before and try and force your tongue down a stranger's throat, then don't expect much in the way of entertainment.

Ha - yeah - I never got the clubbing experience. I quite like going to these noisy bars occasionally. Not for the experience but simply for a bit of people watching. It never ceases to amaze me just how miserable everyone looks! :smile:
Reply 9
Like others said, it's not much of a social experience. Don't care about 'looking like a noob', just enjoy yourself, go out after midnight and have fun!
Do what the blacks do. Only them and ex football hooligans really understand House culture.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending