The Student Room Group

Catching a cold in summer? (Quite ranty)

I don't understand,
I somehow got a deadly cold in this period where we have such hot, nice weather i.e 32 degrees. My throat is so sore, my ears ache, I can't stop sneezing out (sorry quite tmi) greenish and bloody mucus. I also have a headache- I'm meant to go on a trip tomorrow but because I'm so sick I think I can't go. I'm now developing a chesty cough wth? My friends asked me what was wrong and I told them I had a cold- everyone thought it was a joke.
Are you sure you don't have hay-fever?
I also feel like I have one. However the constant sneezing has stopped but the blocked nose and sore throat remain. Hope it is just hay fever bc I'm going away today for a week and don't want to be down with a cold dammit.
Reply 3
Original post by Cherry82
I don't understand,
I somehow got a deadly cold in this period where we have such hot, nice weather i.e 32 degrees. My throat is so sore, my ears ache, I can't stop sneezing out (sorry quite tmi) greenish and bloody mucus. I also have a headache- I'm meant to go on a trip tomorrow but because I'm so sick I think I can't go. I'm now developing a chesty cough wth? My friends asked me what was wrong and I told them I had a cold- everyone thought it was a joke.

Same, had it three days and had to cancel a trip to the theatre yesterday. Raging sore throat, complete blocked but at the same time a dripping runny nose, head and neck ache. No blood in mucus though, not sure about that one.Feel sick too. Had no sleep for two nights and the heat has made it worse.
There's no reason why you couldn't get a cold in summer, it's jut a virus after all
I had a cold very recently too.
Reply 6
Original post by Scienceisgood
Are you sure you don't have hay-fever?

No, with Hay fever the mucus is watery and not greenish. Greenish mucus is produced when your white blood cells are fighting back an infection.
Reply 7
Original post by Wahrheit
There's no reason why you couldn't get a cold in summer, it's jut a virus after all

I know but colds are more common in the winter, it sucks that I have to spend some of my summer hoildays though only a week with this stupid summer cold. I have so much planned this week and it ruined everything.
Original post by Cherry82
I know but colds are more common in the winter, it sucks that I have to spend some of my summer hoildays though only a week with this stupid summer cold. I have so much planned this week and it ruined everything.

Yeah I know it sucks :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending