The Student Room Group

Young enterprise

Hey! I'm doing young enterprise next year and was curious to find out how anyone who has already been through the process found it and what ideas you came up with. I've heard it is quite stressful (especially around exam time) but hopefully it should be okay (FINGERS CROSSED!🙏) Is anyone doing it next year like me?
Reply 1
Original post by AvKar
Hey! I'm doing young enterprise next year and was curious to find out how anyone who has already been through the process found it and what ideas you came up with. I've heard it is quite stressful (especially around exam time) but hopefully it should be okay (FINGERS CROSSED!🙏) Is anyone doing it next year like me?

I did it a couple of years ago. It completely depends how well you work as a team; don't work well it will be stressful, work well it won't. We actually made an educational CD, because our ICT guy (me) knew how to program and ending up doing a project that a company would take 4/5 months to do in as many weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Andy98
I did it a couple of years ago. It completely depends how well you work as a team; don't work well it will be stressful, work well it won't. We actually made an educational CD, because our ICT guy (me) knew how to program and ending up doing a project that a company would take 4/5 months to do in as many weeks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everyone doing it tells the teacher their preferred roles so I think we will be assigned teams depending on these rather than choose them which could potentially be disastrous 😕 hopefully not though! That's a really good idea but I would never be able to do something like that...did you end up doing all the work? And did you make a good enough profit?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by AvKar
Everyone doing it tells the teacher their preferred roles so I think we will be assigned teams depending on these rather than choose them which could potentially be disastrous 😕 hopefully not though! That's a really good idea but I would never be able to do something like that...did you end up doing all the work? And did you make a good enough profit?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well to start with I did all the work, and we actually made enough profit to buy out the other company from our school, we kept their ICT guy and told him to make an app. He puts it on Google play, a month or so later he says he got an email saying we'd made 20 grand or something daft like that. We try to find it but it doesn't seem to exist, the app is gone so one kid gets the police in, and we still haven't shared the £200+ hard cash from the CDs even though the company liquidated this time 2 years ago:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by Andy98
Well to start with I did all the work, and we actually made enough profit to buy out the other company from our school, we kept their ICT guy and told him to make an app. He puts it on Google play, a month or so later he says he got an email saying we'd made 20 grand or something daft like that. We try to find it but it doesn't seem to exist, the app is gone so one kid gets the police in, and we still haven't shared the £200+ hard cash from the CDs even though the company liquidated this time 2 years ago:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh wow, so much drama haha 👎 I don't think we would ever get as far as making an app, it's a shame we don't know the teams yet because then we could sort out strengths and things that people can do but hopefully we will find out soon. Thanks for the help!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by AvKar
Oh wow, so much drama haha 👎 I don't think we would ever get as far as making an app, it's a shame we don't know the teams yet because then we could sort out strengths and things that people can do but hopefully we will find out soon. Thanks for the help!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, you'll definitely know in September

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending