The Student Room Group

Chances of getting a first- impossible? Realistic?

I have just got my results back from second year and I got 61%. I am a little dissapointed as a lot of my friends are posting bout how they got firsts on Facebook, lol.

Anyway at my uni it's 60% for a 2.1 and 70% for a first. Second year is 40% of overall degree. Am I crazy to think I might be able to get a first in final year and a first overall? What's so bad about getting a 2.1 anyway and how would it limit me in life as opposed to getting a first?

Bear in mind that on many essays and exams I worked really hard and thought I was going to do well but only got a 59! To be honest I have no idea how some people do it! But I was never the smartest person in school I guess. So anyway is getting a first possible and realistic if I work really hard?

Also, these days can you argue with the uni if you get a really high 2.1 at the end of your degree? Or is it not like that anymore?
If you get 76% next year, then you can get a 1st overall.
What course are you doing?
But is that realistic? Im doing English lit and French.
I got 62% overall in 2nd year then I worked super duper hard in 3rd year and ended up getting a first..... SO.... It is entirely do-able! Work hard, and achieve them goals!

Oh and also, talk to your supervisors about this and see what they say :-)

Quick Reply

Latest