The Student Room Group

When immigrants become the majority, will they go back to being themselves again?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rakas21
I do think there's some scaremongering here although perhaps some are just more culturally conservative than me.

About half of our immigration is from Europe, Anglosphere or Oriental, these for me are not a massive problem. Indeed its like people talking about Latino's in the US, they are pretty much tanned whites and Christian.

The far bigger problem is allowing the third world here (we allow a lot of Pakistani spouses for example). Nigerians account for a fair number of births.

dania ramirez...laz alonso... are tanned whites?

dont be a clown
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by seahorse321
At the moment, minorities are told to 'integrate' with the natives. But when the natives become the minority, there will no longer be any point in integrating with them, in fact, the natives will then be expected to integrate with whatever sector of the immigrant population is now dominant.

The question is: How will the immigrants go back to "being themselves"? Note that integrating into the host society isn't easy and neither is going back to one's own traditions back in their native land. The proper question that you should be asking is whether the new immigrants will refuse to integrate into host society once the immigrants become the majority.

This question shouldn't be an issue though, since immigrants only comprise of around 12% of the population. I don't see it as a problem right now.
Original post by zero_gravity

This question shouldn't be an issue though, since immigrants only comprise of around 12% of the population. I don't see it as a problem right now.

It's not about the national scale but the local one. Sabbath gave you the stats and it is most disturbing that people aren't concerned here, going as far as saying white genocide isn't a problem. But it is being encouraged by the institution who works in our interest.

By the way, no one is forced to integrate now- we have multiculturalism; the most spineless liberal hands-off method of race relations that isn't working. Immigrants will find their own and create clusters of cultures- some friendly, some less so to other immigrants or host people. This is human nature and we can't change that without being extremely forceful, but why did we encourage and allow them all to come here?

There is a fantastic poem by Bertolt Brecht called Die Losung that talks about this issue:

After the uprising of the 17th June
The Secretary of the Writer's Union
Had leaflets distributed in the Stalinallee
Stating that the people
Had forfeited the confidence of the government
And could win it back only
By redoubled efforts. Would it not be easier
In that case for the government
To dissolve the people
And elect another?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by HigherMinion
It's not about the national scale but the local one. Sabbath gave you the stats and it is most disturbing that people aren't concerned here, going as far as saying white genocide isn't a problem. But it is being encouraged by the institution who works in our interest.

1. How is this white genocide?

2. Why is it a problem if white people become a minority in the UK?
Original post by SotonianOne
By "natives" you mean white english?

it's virtually impossible for a native population to be outbred/outnumbered by immigrants

It happend in Palestine
Original post by TheTruthTeller
It happend in Palestine

Not really, I already said colonial nations are under the tenet of "exceptionalism"

No surprise that USA, Israel, Canada, Brazil, Australia etc. were outbred/outnumbered.

it's virtually impossible for a native population to be outbred/outnumbered by immigrants

welcome to bradford, lots of london, Leicester(over 50% BAME) there are alot of places now.
Original post by gladders
Sounds awful. Nothing at all like when the Normans, Dutch, Irish, or countless others in the past have come over. No, totally different.

Yes, they were fellow Northerners of Celto-Germanic stock. Bloodbrothers.
Original post by balanced
welcome to bradford, lots of london, Leicester(over 50% BAME) there are alot of places now.

brilliant places we need many more fast.

Happened in USA and Australia.......

42% of Birmingham population is already non-white.

It's not 'virtually impossible' at all, that's dumb.
Bloody hell. Mongs, mongs everywhere. Someone had the cheek to say white genocide, bloody hell. I remember when tsr wasn't full of anger.

Also, immigrants won't become the majority. And finally, idk how to break it to some of you guys, no one in the modern day is forced to integrate.. It's an enjoyable part of joining and becoming part of a new culture.

Yes you have clusters of immigrants in certain places which can be overkill but these are the exception rather than the rule.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk
Original post by WarIntNorth
Yes, they were fellow Northerners of Celto-Germanic stock. Bloodbrothers.

The people of the time certainly didn't see it that way, mate.
Original post by thesabbath
As you well know, all of these people were white, of European stock. It is feasible to integrate tiny numbers of visually indistinct foreigners over a period of centuries, which is indeed what happened. To integrate was incumbent on the guest. Now why would you seek to conflate that with the arrival, since the 1950s, of millions of blacks and Asians, instructed by the preachers of multiculturalism to form ghettos and live as they would back home, with mandatory "tolerance" imposed solely on the host population, who find themselves held to a higher standard of behaviour under the guise of "anti-racism"?

There was substantially more violence when the Northmen arrived and far more persecution directed towards the Irish when they worked on the canals.

By contrast, London today is the safest it has ever been and property values have skyrocketed in even the poorest boroughs who shows just how desirable a place it is to live. 4 in 5 new jobs in the UK since 2008 were created in the gastarbeiter city of London.
Original post by arfah
Agree with Bil Gates. Most immigrants are passionate and have to make money to live, making them more inclined to do their jobs better. Most are young and active meaning they will not put as much pressure on social services much. Either way it's not going to happen. Immigrants will never be the majority. If anything immigrants will be sent back to their countries when a revolution takes place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Actually in many workplaces in London immigrants are the majority - think financial services and technology companies.

Revolutions tend to be conducted by orchestrated by young men - the young and male demographic in London is where the ratio of indigenous men to migrant/non-Western men is lowest. Not only are the indigenous population more likely to be elderly, they have most of their capital locked up in assets which are immovable (i.e. houses) - bear in mind that many of the indigenous people working in London actually commute from outside the city - so in the event of serious violence the indigenous population is actually likely to be outnumbered and particularly in the demographic that matters most: able bodied 18-35 year old men.
Original post by SHallowvale

Are you white? If a small community voted for 10 muslim men to move in to your house and you had to give them your job and share the rent- would you vote for that kind of competition? In the sanctuary of your own home you would simply accept that 9/11 of your rooms are going to be Muslim and you cannot influence how the men live because that would be evil and authoritarian. What a cuck.

Ted Kennedy said the same thing in 1965 when the immigration act in the US was altered. Yet, America is going to minority white by 2040. He didn't know then what was going to happen anymore than anyone now who says the same thing.

I am using the term natives here to refer to the incumbent natives who took the land from the original natives as happens all the time in the throes of history.
Original post by gladders
The people of the time certainly didn't see it that way, mate.

Yes, they engaged in needless brother-wars, I know. But they all shared pretty similar beliefs, shared common forebears, and so forth. I see it that way today anyway.
Original post by seahorse321
At the moment, minorities are told to 'integrate' with the natives. But when the natives become the minority, there will no longer be any point in integrating with them, in fact, the natives will then be expected to integrate with whatever sector of the immigrant population is now dominant.

They aren't told to 'integrate'. They're told to keep their own culture I.e. Multiculturalism.

I live in London where white Brits are the minority and I can tell you that a lot of new immigrants (and their children) don't integrate at all, which is a shame because it causes a lot of racial tension. Wish everyone could identify as British regardless of colour or where they're from
Original post by HigherMinion
Are you white? If a small community voted for 10 muslim men to move in to your house and you had to give them your job and share the rent- would you vote for that kind of competition? In the sanctuary of your own home you would simply accept that 9/11 of your rooms are going to be Muslim and you cannot influence how the men live because that would be evil and authoritarian. What a cuck.

I am not talking about religion. I am talking about skin colour irrespective of culture. And no, not all non-white people are Muslims.

Please go back and answer the questions:

And yes I am white.
Original post by WarIntNorth
Yes, they engaged in needless brother-wars, I know. But they all shared pretty similar beliefs, shared common forebears, and so forth. I see it that way today anyway.

You mean the pagan Saxons and the Christian Britons? Hmm. I wonder why they would have 'needless brother-wars' if they shared similar beliefs.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending