The Student Room Group

Would Warick consider me?

Say I was predicted A* Chemistry and an A in maths and further maths. 8 A's 3 B's and a C at GCSE. Together with a cracking personal statement. Achieving an A in chemistry and maths/further maths but a B in physics to be dropped.
Warwick would be my favourite and according to Which Universitiy they give 61% of applicants offers. My four other choices would be; Exeter, York, Manchester and Cardiff.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Reply 2
Yh I think they would. I got AAAC at AS and got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by jcwh97
Yh I think they would. I got AAAC at AS and got an offer

Posted from TSR Mobile

What were your predicted grades and GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Isis_on_the_cake

Warwick would be my favourite and according to Which Universitiy they give 61% of applicants offers.

Nah, for Economics? Pretty sure that's wrong
Reply 5
What were your predicted grades and GCSE's?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Predicted grades were A*AA and at gcse I got a couple of a* and a mixture of a's and b's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by yelllowribbon

They also say lse gave offers to 8% of applicants so that sounds about right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by jcwh97
Predicted grades were A*AA and at gcse I got a couple of a* and a mixture of a's and b's

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you for the response

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and I would have thought that Warwick Economics would be similar, given that it's one of the best in the country for econ
For Economics at a top Uni like Warwick you will not get an offer unless you meet the admissions requirements in all aspects - and even with A*AA you are not guaranteed an offer. Many more than the 61% you quote will have had all that and a good PS, and still not received an offer. So make sure your other 4 choices are more realistic : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/How_to_avoid_getting_5_rejections
Reply 10
Original post by returnmigrant
For Economics at a top Uni like Warwick you will not get an offer unless you meet the admissions requirements in all aspects - and even with A*AA you are not guaranteed an offer. Many more than the 61% you quote will have had all that and a good PS, and still not received an offer. So make sure your other 4 choices are more realistic : http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/How_to_avoid_getting_5_rejections

Are you saying my other 4 choices are not realistic?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah and I would have thought that Warwick Economics would be similar, given that it's one of the best in the country for econ

Nah everyone at LSE/Oxbridge has Warwick offers so 61% is reasonable
Original post by Mike_123
Nah everyone at LSE/Oxbridge has Warwick offers so 61% is reasonable

Not exactly sure what this means, but the official Warwick economics person posted this in a thread:

"It varies from year to year. In the 2011/12 cycle for example we received approximately 4000 applications from around the world (only 30, or so, were below the entry level). I don't have details on number of offers made to applications (less than 1:4 I would suggest), as from this 4000 only 360ish students were confirmed a place."

Doesn't that mean that less than 25% of applicants were made offers? Idk I may be misunderstanding what they're trying to say...
Not exactly sure what this means, but the official Warwick economics person posted this in a thread:

"It varies from year to year. In the 2011/12 cycle for example we received approximately 4000 applications from around the world (only 30, or so, were below the entry level). I don't have details on number of offers made to applications (less than 1:4 I would suggest), as from this 4000 only 360ish students were confirmed a place."

Doesn't that mean that less than 25% of applicants were made offers? Idk I may be misunderstanding what they're trying to say...

Even if it was 25%, what we're trying to say is that it isn't that competitive compared to LSE/Oxbridge
Even if it was 25%, what we're trying to say is that it isn't that competitive compared to LSE/Oxbridge

Fair enough, but it's a lot less than 61%
Reply 15
Would a joint economics and maths degree be less competitive?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16

Posted from TSR Mobile

Source?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Would a joint economics and maths degree be less competitive?

Posted from TSR Mobile

You won't get into LSE/Warwick for that course without A* FM prediction
Reply 18
You won't get into LSE/Warwick for that course without A* FM prediction

OP doesn't even have standard maths at A* ......
Reply 19
Original post by Buses
OP doesn't even have standard maths at A* ......

**** off

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending