The Student Room Group

Did you look better when you were a child?

Or do you look better now?

I kind of just realised that some people actually look better when they're older...

Idk, I find it weird. I kind of always thought that everyone is meant to look better when they were younger.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I look better now. I've lost weight, grew my hair and changed my style since I was younger and I would say its been an improvement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I was scouted when I was 9 :lol: now? well..puberty wasn't nice :innocent:

yes
Younger. Acne free and had a more balanced profile.
I was adorable as a baby, toddler and then a few years after. Then it was kind of meh (mainly because I was tomboyish in terms of close and as I grew up with my father, he had bought my clothes for me... :erm: ) and then puberty kicked in and it all started getting better from about age 15. I lost baby fat and all that stuff. Unfortunately, I don't know if it is down to stress + uni life or just a last bout of puberty but all the acne I managed to avoid in my early teens (the only good thing about my appearance then) has decided to pop up and say hello sigh

To put it simply, I was a pretty young child but in comparison to my pre-teen and early teen years, I look better now :smile:
Hell no! Got worse in my teens. I look alright now, post puberty. :lol:
(edited 8 years ago)
its funny, i never thought of myself as pretty when i was little even though i actually won 3 beauty pageants from ages 5-9 and now when i look back at pics i was very pretty. and my skin was so soft and flawless... i think everyone looks better pre-puberty tbh, its all acne and weird skin problems from then on. you can look flawless as a kid without make up but after puberty everyone looks average without make up

however i look better now than i did ages 11-16
(edited 8 years ago)
Nope, I look better now - not so good in my mid teens but now I'm 19 I don't look too bad.
I was cute up till the age of 11 but then I insisted on wearing my hair in a ponytail all the time and I didn't look great. Then I grew tits and it got better.
I look exactly how I did when I was 4. My face has yet to mature. *sigh*
Pic of me when I was 3. I was an avid reader :smile:

I was a cute little kid ngl lol but i think i look better now :wink:
look better now.. its not as uncommon as you'd think
I was cute as a little girl, then went worse, then got a bit better :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
MUCH better now, wow.
I was good looking then and I look better as each day goes by
Reply 17
I looked my best when I was 2-7 but then it started going downhill, but I've improved again from the age of 14 and now I'm quite happy. There's still room for improvement of course :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by driftawaay
its funny, i never thought of myself as pretty when i was little even though i actually won 3 beauty pageants from ages 5-9 and now when i look back at pics i was very pretty. and my skin was so soft and flawless... i think everyone looks better pre-puberty tbh, its all acne and weird skin problems from then on. you can look flawless as a kid without make up but after puberty everyone looks average without make up

however i look better now than i did ages 11-16

Wow, that's awesome! Now I'm curious to know how you looked/look like... picture, maybe?
Reply 19
Original post by peanutbuttercup
I was good looking then and I look better as each day goes by

That's great! I wish I did...

Quick Reply

Latest