The Student Room Group

imagine if people knew you were stalking them on facebook

like the title says. was having a conversation about this with a few friends and was wondering what you guys think :smile:

Scroll to see replies

................................****...................................

**i mean, no stalking goes on here....**

wait, is this 'stalking friends' or 'stalking strangers' on facebook..?
Original post by theDanIdentity
................................****...................................
**i mean, no stalking goes on here....**
wait, is this 'stalking friends' or 'stalking strangers' on facebook..?

both, I meant if you knew who went on to your profile
Original post by maryamzahid
like the title says. was having a conversation about this with a few friends and was wondering what you guys think :smile:

Someone was stalking my profile once. They accidentally hit 'add friend' and then cancelled it.

Too late my friend, too late. :colonhash:
Original post by lledrith
Someone was stalking my profile once. They accidentally hit 'add friend' and then cancelled it.
Too late my friend, too late. :colonhash:

haha! someone did that to me as well only for me to ask who they were and them to respond with "thought u were someone else.".
I deactivated my profile after accidentally adding somebody. Hoping they don't get email notifications from Facebook...

I may or not occasionally check my ex's profile. But then again, most girls do.
How does anyone know that they are being stalked on fb.
Original post by EloiseStar
I deactivated my profile after accidentally adding somebody. Hoping they don't get email notifications from Facebook...
I may or not occasionally check my ex's profile. But then again, most girls do.

agreed. nearly everyone stalks everyone on facebook, its become the norm to do so I think. and I have done that before, when I was 16, unfortunately the guy asked me about it the week after :colondollar:
Original post by 08Mercyf
How does anyone know that they are being stalked on fb.

there is no way of really knowing, but hypothetically speaking what if you knew people looked u up etc
there is no way of really knowing, but hypothetically speaking what if you knew people looked u up etc

That could be a possibility but if you put your stuff on private then only your friends could view your profile.

Anyway, this does not really bother me, if people want to stalk me on fb then that's their issue, its not like I have posted anything I don't want people to see.
Original post by 08Mercyf
That could be a possibility but if you put your stuff on private then only your friends could view your profile.
Anyway, this does not really bother me, if people want to stalk me on fb then that's their issue, its not like I have posted anything I don't want people to see.

same here, all they'll ever find are cat pictures
Urgh that would be a nightmare
same here, all they'll ever find are cat pictures

lol
:smile:
Its hardly stalking if your profile is open for everyone to see.
Original post by College_Dropout
Its hardly stalking if your profile is open for everyone to see.

good point, a lot of the girls from my school keep their profile public so anyone can see what they post. kind of sad really
Then it wouldn't be stalking now, would it? It would be more appropriate to call it "open voyeurism", maybe?
Original post by 9910224
Then it wouldn't be stalking now, would it? It would be more appropriate to call it "open voyeurism", maybe?

perhaps some guys may call it that?
Reply 17
Ugh. I'd leave the country.
There's actually an application that shows you your top 3 stalkers on Facebook :lol:
Original post by thecatwithnohat
There's actually an application that shows you your top 3 stalkers on Facebook :lol:

I've looked in to that! turned out to be completely false as fb says that it would breach confidentiality or something a long them lines. anyway, my top 3 stalkers were in fact an old Cuban lady, a 45 year old Bengali man and a 13 year old boy in Plymouth. of course-no mutual friends :lol:
Original post by Mich18
Ugh. I'd leave the country.

same, especially if its someone I have a major crush on

Quick Reply

Latest