The Student Room Group

Big/Nice house in bad area or Small house in good area? Pick one!

Big/Nice house in bad area or Small house in good area? Pick one!

let's say 4/5 bedroom detached in an ex council area or 2/3 bed semi in a nice area with decent schools etc.

1) this is for a small family not just yourselves lol 2 kids + parents

clearly i have asked the wrong focus group lol students happy to pay £500 for a 7 by 7!
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

small house
Reply 2
Original post by AgentMooHoo
small house

thanks for the reply!
Original post by Bill_Gates
thanks for the reply!

Just because you still have to travel to and from the house and it wouldn't be nice having to get through a chav attack just to buy some milk lol
Reply 4
Original post by AgentMooHoo
Just because you still have to travel to and from the house and it wouldn't be nice having to get through a chav attack just to buy some milk lol

can always get it delivered :P but fair play be interesting to hear some more views.
Big nice house so long as i get an American security guard for the gate, if the local hoi polloi come near i need to be sure he shoots without letting them open their mouths...
Small house.
If a 2/3 bedroom semi is somehow a "small" house now then yeah that one. Who the **** needs five bedrooms?
Small house.
Reply 9
Original post by Soldieroffortune
Big nice house so long as i get an American security guard for the gate, if the local hoi polloi come near i need to be sure he shoots without letting them open their mouths...

fair play!
Original post by SmashConcept
If a 2/3 bedroom semi is somehow a "small" house now then yeah that one. Who the **** needs five bedrooms?

this is for a small family not just yourselves lol
I don't see who wouldn't pick the last one... Why, OP, are you suffering a dilemma?
Original post by Bill_Gates
this is for a small family not just yourselves lol

Well it depends how small the family is. If it's big enough for us to need five bedrooms then I'd want five bedrooms. If it's small enough to fit in 2 or 3 bedrooms then I'd want that. SMH.
Reply 13
Always the area! You can improve your house but can't improve your neighbourhood.
Original post by Man.bear.pig
I don't see who wouldn't pick the last one... Why, OP, are you suffering a dilemma?

yes looking at a buy to let investment. Situation 4 bed detached in an ex council or a 2 bed in a nice area. Both are a similar price. The detached just looks so much better, a lot more space too.
Original post by SmashConcept

An averege family..?
1 for the parents, 3 for each kid and a spare.
Small house :h:
Original post by Soldieroffortune
An averege family..?
1 for the parents, 3 for each kid and a spare.

so we have one for the large house!
Small. I have no need for a big one anyway
Original post by Reue
Always the area! You can improve your house but can't improve your neighbourhood.

you think?

neighbourhoods can change tho?

I think id rather (esp in london) take a chance on an "up and coming" area and get a smallish place just to get on the property ladder there

then see its value rise and rise...yum yum

Quick Reply

Latest