The Student Room Group

What are my options?

Hi All,

This question might be a little long winded so please bear with me :smile:

Basically I did an Access Course that I qualified from in 2012. At the time I did't know what I wanted to study so I didn't actually attend any of my four offers (Biomedical Science).

I applied in January this year in a panic as I realised it was my last year. I applied for Paramedic Science as a few people recommended it but I knew it isn't for me but kept it as an option anyway.

After months of research and speaking to different people I have finally found a subject and a career that I am very interested and I really want to pursue it (Physiotherapy). People may say its not long enough to know but I am certain it is and I am so determined to pursue it.

Anyway, the complications are:

All the uni's want recent study within 3 years which means the last September I could start studying is this year.
I used my application this year for Paramedic Science so I would have to manually email a new personal statement to any uni wishing to consider me. Nearly every uni I have spoken with say they aren't entering clearing so my chances of going through that route are probably quite slim if there is any that do offer it??

I could redo my access course but that will be soul destroying and also cost me upwards of £1700 which I can't afford.

Please any advice will be greatly appreciated, I am feeling very disheartened and feel like I have missed my chance as I keep taking further steps back. I am 23 and do not want to spend any more time doing courses just to get me into uni I really want to start this year.

Thanks

Edward
Your access course and the grades don't run out. All you need is recent study. Maybe look at doing an evening course at a local college or an Open Uni module and that will show recent study.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Happy_Holidays
Your access course and the grades don't run out. All you need is recent study. Maybe look at doing an evening course at a local college or an Open Uni module and that will show recent study.

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for the reply, can it literally be anything no matter how big or small?
I would double check. I imagine it would need to include some kind of assessment or written work (so a course on cake decoration won't count). Maybe an A&P course or module might be useful or something similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Happy_Holidays
I would double check. I imagine it would need to include some kind of assessment or written work (so a course on cake decoration won't count). Maybe an A&P course or module might be useful or something similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

is there anything similar to the OU i can study without leaving my job? OU modules can be quite expensive
Just google distance learning courses and you'll find hundreds of them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest