The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

DBS check 2015

Hi, I applied for a course which requires DBS check. I am sooo confused as to the process of how this is done and I know I don't have long left to do it. I've benn researching online about it and at first I thought I just had to pay for it online but then other people have said I need to attend a drop-in session at the uni.
During my interview day I was asked to bring the completed DBS form I filled in. Therefore I am confused as to whether the form will be sent to DBS and then all I'd have to do is pay for it or whether I have to attend a drop-in session or get it done another way to go through the identification process before paying for it and getting it done.

I would appreciate if i got a reply ASAP as it's URGENT!

Many thanks
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by live.love.laugh.
Hi, I applied for a course which requires DBS check. I am sooo confused as to the process of how this is done and I know I don't have long left to do it. I've benn researching online about it and at first I thought I just had to pay for it online but then other people have said I need to attend a drop-in session at the uni.
During my interview day I was asked to bring the completed DBS form I filled in. Therefore I am confused as to whether the form will be sent to DBS and then all I'd have to do is pay for it or whether I have to attend a drop-in session or get it done another way to go through the identification process before paying for it and getting it done.

I would appreciate if i got a reply ASAP as it's URGENT!

Many thanks

Hi

I go to a different uni but had to do a DBS check before I started - our options were to attend the uni at a drop in session with our original documents and they then sent the form off or we could get the form completed and our docs checked/verified at the post office (I think it was the post office anyway) and then pass them on to the uni rather than send them in direct - but this might have been because the uni paid for mine.

Reckon your safest option would be to call the uni to check.
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Original post by AmyPilot
Hi

I go to a different uni but had to do a DBS check before I started - our options were to attend the uni at a drop in session with our original documents and they then sent the form off or we could get the form completed and our docs checked/verified at the post office (I think it was the post office anyway) and then pass them on to the uni rather than send them in direct - but this might have been because the uni paid for mine.

Reckon your safest option would be to call the uni to check.

Thank you so much for the advice, yeah I read that the post office could do it and that's what i'm gonna do because I'm not going to travel to the uni especially for it. I just don't know what to do after that it is done. I'm not sure whether to send the stuff to the uni or what and where to...yeah i'm gonna have to pay £52 for mine!!
Original post by live.love.laugh.
Thank you so much for the advice, yeah I read that the post office could do it and that's what i'm gonna do because I'm not going to travel to the uni especially for it. I just don't know what to do after that it is done. I'm not sure whether to send the stuff to the uni or what and where to...yeah i'm gonna have to pay £52 for mine!!

My uni is not too far away and we made a day out of it - met up with some potential future coursemates I had met on here through the long application process.

If I were you I would call/email your uni to see what you need to do with the completed form etc but I reckon you will have to send it to them as I think they have to countersign it - the unis name is definitely included as a counter-signatory on the certificate when it comes through.

Hope you get it sorted and good luck with your studies.
Original post by AmyPilot
My uni is not too far away and we made a day out of it - met up with some potential future coursemates I had met on here through the long application process.

If I were you I would call/email your uni to see what you need to do with the completed form etc but I reckon you will have to send it to them as I think they have to countersign it - the unis name is definitely included as a counter-signatory on the certificate when it comes through.

Hope you get it sorted and good luck with your studies.

Thanks again for your assistance! I have emailed them and they have replied and gave me an address to send the documents to so I'm no longer confused.

Thanks good luck with your studies as well and I hope uni goes well for you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending