The Student Room Group

Is it wrong to bully someone for supporting UKIP

A boy in my class started talking about how he supported UKIP to sort immigration out. I was shocked that such a vile creature could exist in my town. I have never met a kipper or tory in my life everyone here votes labour. Anyway I couldn't tolerate his xenephobia especially when he talked about banning the burqa. So I kegged him and threw his bag on the roof. Now I start on him whenever I see him and call him out on his racism in front of everyone. I am wondering if this is morally wrong or not? It does seem slightly harsh but then again I believe we need to stand up against fascism. If more people had done what I did during the rise of the nazis then we could have prevented the holocaust. What are your opinions on this? Is it morally justified to bully someone for being racist? If he just voted labour I would forgive and forget everything.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by intelligent con
A boy in my class started talking about how he supported UKIP to sort immigration out. I was shocked that such a vile creature could exist in my town. I have never met a kipper or tory in my life everyone here votes labour. Anyway I couldn't tolerate his xenephobia especially when he talked about banning the burqa. So I kegged him and threw his bag on the roof. Now I start on him whenever I see him and call him out on his racism in front of everyone. I am wondering if this is morally wrong or not? It does seem slightly harsh but then again I believe we need to stand up against fascism. If more people had done what I did during the rise of the nazis then we could have prevented the holocaust. What are your opinions on this? Is it morally justified to bully someone for being racist? If he just voted labour I would forgive and forget everything.

I'd consider voting for Ed Miliband to run the country is being worse than voting UKIP. If you're being serious, then it's a horrible thing to do. Although you're probably just trolling.
No, your reason op is not justified.

Ukip never won the election and got the lowest seats so there is no point bullying others because of their beliefs.

I also doubt Ukip will win next time anyway.

How is any of what he's said racist, homophobic or xenophobic?
nah you wouldn't bully me
Bullying is never the right thing to do.

Irritating someone to the point where anything they say becomes hilariously offensive is.
Reply 6
Bullying others is unjustified regardless of opinion or political stance. It just makes you look like a bad person to be around. Instead of bullying him, you could have asked him about his views and discussed them - that's what causes shifts in opinions. You won't get anywhere just attacking people when they disagree with you.
UKIP are fannies. Half of them are finance yids anyway, all those nationalist types would be better off with BritainFirst/BNP.
Reply 8

So because someone has a different opinion to you - you then think it's acceptable to bully them? That's disgusting. People like you irritate the hell out of me. I'm a labour supporter too and personally I dislike some of the POLICIES of the other parties, not the supporters. And I am not saying I agree with all of labours policies either. I agree with some of UKIPs as well, not so much with the tories. But just because someone else feels strongly about something gives you no right to act like that? Your the vile one here. "If more people had done what I did during the rise of the nazis then we could have prevented the holocaust" - That makes you no different then if you believe everybody should believe in the same thing. People are aloud to have a different opinion to you.
Reply 9
It's his opinion and he has a right to express his views. There is never an excuse for bullying. Think about it would you ever like someone to call you out or bully you for what you believe in? i don't think so
Reply 10
" I believe we need to stand up against fascism. "
By not allowing him to have his own opinions, the irony. You need to sort yourself out if you beat people up for their political beliefs, that's like national front/combat 18 tier **** right there pal.
Reply 11

Hush little boy you are clearly clueless on politics and to be honest you sound like a troll. Half of voters voted either Tory or UKIP. Your town is obviously full to the very brim with morons if true. Nuff said
No it's not wrong :smile: carry on hun! :tongue: (joking) There is a guy like that in my class, I find his views twisted. There are only 4 people in this class including my new teacher who is very politically opinionated and quite left, as am I and the other girl in my class so I am looking forward to the whole of next year :biggrin: I will destroy him. In the kindest way possible.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 13
You are displaying fascist tendencies if you believe that using physical or mental violence is a legitimate way to react to someone expressing their political views.

Also, when one looks at the effect immigration has had on the bottom 5% of society, the effects are astounding; a very disturbing absolute decrease in real wages. It is not an exaggeration to say that immigration directly harms the very poorest in society.

Being such a anti-UKIP, pro-immigration bigot is a very middle-class opinion to hold.
You shut down UKIP kid this time, then next time maybe some Green or SNP, and the next time could be some religion.
I hate a lot of people too, but you can't shut down every single one of them, there's simply too many.

bullying is cowardice stop it now and thats coming from a communist a pacifist etc.
Reply 16
Original post by Paladian
bullying is cowardice stop it now and thats coming from a communist a pacifist etc.

Sorry for going off topic but how on earth would you enforce communism as a pacifist?
Original post by eggmayo
sorry for going off topic but how on earth would you enforce communism as a pacifist?

capitalism will destroy itself!
:troll:
Absolutely wrong and probably quite counterproductive. Don't hate or bully, simply disagree and support your opinion with a sensible argument. I personally find it very off putting when people are intolerant and hostile of other people's views, especially when people are genuinely standing up for what they believe is best. Voting's anonymous so people can't be forced into voting a certain way. I understand that you're passionate about your beliefs but I'd try not to get carried away as you're representing the party you support and it reflects badly on them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending