The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

in b4 feminists post
Yes it is. Though it'd be a little ****ty if she's incredibly weak and didn't really hurt him and he hits her with full force. Not saying he shouldn't hit her, just saying if he's a decent human being he'd be trying to stop the fight, by force. Unless she's stronger, then I'd say go for it lol.
Equality says yes he can.......... Reality says otherwise
I think in self defensive yes, but in general no. Just like it's not okay for a woman to hit a man unless its for self defense.
Can you punch a toddler full force in the face after they jabbed you? No, it's not allowed. It's only really acceptable to restrain a woman, for it is like being hit by a wee toddler.
(edited 8 years ago)
Here is my view - I do not think it is okay for any individual to hit anyone else, regardless of the circumstances. I'm completely against all types of violence, including domestic violence between couples. I was recently beaten up quite severely by a girl but I didn't retaliate because I am against violence. I'm a pacifist. The only situations that justify violence are those where one needs to defend him- or herself against grave bodily harm, to preserve their existence. Self defence is always justified.
nobody regardless of their sex should hit anyone, however if a woman hits a man, then he should be allowed to hit her back in self defence, the same other way around.
[video="youtube;Czb4rImsph0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Czb4rImsph0[/video]
Reply 9
Definitely! But only as a final resort, as a means of protecting yourself.
To defend himself yes it is ok, but not randomly out of nowhere.
Reply 11
Original post by callum_law
Can you punch a toddler full force in the face after they jabbed you? No, it's not allowed. It's only really acceptable to restrain a woman, for it is like being hit by a wee toddler.

So true.
No, it is well known that women are far far weaker than men. Therefore it is very inappropriate for a man to strike a woman.

Even verbally assaulting a woman shouldn't be tolerated given women are less able to tolerate cruel words without intense emotional pain.

Regards.
Reply 13
No, I'd let her stab me to death just so I wouldn't lose my White Knight status.
Original post by A5ko
No, I'd let her stab me to death just so I wouldn't lose my White Knight status.

Said like a true man, +1
Yes but in self defence. I would argue the same for men hitting other men and women hitting other women. Violence should be a last resort.
of course it's okay - if she is wiling to hit a man, and act like one, she's stupid enough to incur retribution
Original post by A5ko

What if it was her?

Original post by Liquid Harvest
Here is my view - I do not think it is okay for any individual to hit anyone else, regardless of the circumstances. I'm completely against all types of violence, including domestic violence between couples. I was recently beaten up quite severely by a girl but I didn't retaliate because I am against violence. I'm a pacifist. The only situations that justify violence are those where one needs to defend him- or herself against grave bodily harm, to preserve their existence. Self defence is always justified.

wow, really? so I could just walk up to you and smack you around and you'll happy just let me do it? why are you such a door mat to the world?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 19
Original post by agentawesome
What if it was her?

Sweet love, then a stabbing.

Latest