The Student Room Group

Why are more and more guys aged 20s/30s growing beards ?

Why is this ?

Scroll to see replies

I love my beard.
Reply 2
Because you can never be a real man if you don't have a beard
Reply 3
I suppose it must be new man trend. I personally don't find it attractive because I prefer well groomed. Too many men look like lumberjacks.
EXACTLY!

beards are so disgusting.....

Reply 5
i cant grow a ****ing beard
Reply 6
Cause 2015 is the year of the beard :wink:
Original post by jazjaz
I suppose it must be new man trend. I personally don't find it attractive because I prefer well groomed. Not enough men look like lumberjacks.

Fixed.
Original post by ActuallyIDo
EXACTLY!

beards are so disgusting.....

Mate, you know they say that opposites attract?

We definitely need to get you a wife with a beard.
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
They feel lonely and therefore need a companion, attached to their face.
Because otherwise you look like a woman. A real man has facial hair
Reply 11
Original post by Mad Vlad
Fixed.

I personally find the lumberjack look to be trying so hard to look masculine that it comes across as the opposite seems like a parody of masculinity almost. The look was taken out of the gay scene anyway of bears and cubs.
Original post by Ser Alex Toyne
Mate, you know they say that opposites attract?
We definitely need to get you a wife with a beard.
Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't think so.....
No clue, but I'm personally not a fan of it. Much prefer a bit of stubble on a guy :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jazjaz
I personally find the lumberjack look to be trying so hard to look masculine that it comes across as the opposite seems like a parody of masculinity almost. The look was taken out of the gay scene anyway of bears and cubs.

Yup, which is entirely why this is a good thing.
I prefer stubble to a proper beard but honestly just think it's a trend.
My fiance has one. I hated it in the beginning but now I love it. I was never attracted to bearded guys before but now, because of him, I find them really attractive. :h: Well, only a few of them. Long stubble/short beards are awesome. Anything longer than that isn't so great. From what I've seen guys tend to go for beards to make them look more masculine.
Bunch of hipsters. Would never wear a beard/stubble (even though I have strong beard growth), it's unprofessional.
I need to produce a long lasting beard to appease the older generations of the family as they all had a beard and I must continue the long lasting tradition.
Reply 19
More Muslims that shaved their beards now grow them.
I know at least 2 acquaintances which fall into this category

Quick Reply

Latest