The Student Room Group

Younger brother is so disrespectful ?

Well he's 20, he has a big mouth and we cant control what he does and says. Basically he uses the computer a lot even at night untill 2am, we share a room and if I have work he doesnt get off he doesnt respect the fact that there are others in the this house and were trying to sleep at night. If I tell him he swears back to viciously I didnt say anything bad all I said was switch it off I have work.

Whats worse then is my dad will wake up and my brother will swear at him telling him to F off its really horrible. Now its ramadan were fasting he doesnt and says hows the religion is all BS, we dont force anything on him we just tell him to fast as were all doing it, if he doesnt we leave it. But you dont point the finger at us saying were stupid for fasting.

Not only that he swears at my mum, wtf and then I told him how he shouldnt and that his mum brought him up and was always there for him and he's like so what, it really upsets my parents.

He pays for nothing never worked in his life and acts like he owns the house. Sometimes he'll tell me to get out of my room wtf its my room to. Sometimes I really want to punch his lights out but what good will that do...nothing.

What can I do ? I speak to him he doesnt listen.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
BUMP!!
Reply 2
Original post by Chiefe
BUMP!!

Bump what ?
Hmm, give him the cold shoulder. Just forget him.
Reply 4
Has he ever been tested for autism?

Finding the answer to this would help to give you a better understanding of why he does what he does and what you can do to help him control himself.

He sounds like he shows some autistic traits, mainly the lack of empathy for his family.
Reply 5
Original post by StolenPrivacy
Hmm, give him the cold shoulder. Just forget him.

But he still causes trouble with my family talks about dirty things with my mum and sister there which is a bit bad. Save it for the lads but not infront of your mum and sis.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Well he's 20, he has a big mouth and we cant control what he does and says. Basically he uses the computer a lot even at night untill 2am, we share a room and if I have work he doesnt get off he doesnt respect the fact that there are others in the this house and were trying to sleep at night. If I tell him he swears back to viciously I didnt say anything bad all I said was switch it off I have work.

Whats worse then is my dad will wake up and my brother will swear at him telling him to F off its really horrible. Now its ramadan were fasting he doesnt and says hows the religion is all BS, we dont force anything on him we just tell him to fast as were all doing it, if he doesnt we leave it. But you dont point the finger at us saying were stupid for fasting.

Not only that he swears at my mum, wtf and then I told him how he shouldnt and that his mum brought him up and was always there for him and he's like so what, it really upsets my parents.

He pays for nothing never worked in his life and acts like he owns the house. Sometimes he'll tell me to get out of my room wtf its my room to. Sometimes I really want to punch his lights out but what good will that do...nothing.

What can I do ? I speak to him he doesnt listen.

My parents are muslims, I included. My parents would have slapped the crap out if me if I told my parents to F off. Though if i was a parent I would do the same.

To be honest your parents need to teach him the reality. IE show him the real world; throw him out the house
But he still causes trouble with my family talks about dirty things with my mum and sister there which is a bit bad. Save it for the lads but not infront of your mum and sis.

So you all ignore him, don't give him the attention that he wants from you and your family. Brush it off and carry on life without thinking of or addressing him.
Reply 8
Have your parents tried talking to him about his behaviour? Thats honestly horrible of him to act like that
Reply 9
Bump what ?

'bump' in like to bump this thread up so it's noticed more giving you more responses as I don't really know how to advice you
I'm sorry :frown:
Original post by zarz96
Have your parents tried talking to him about his behaviour? Thats honestly horrible of him to act like that

Of course they have mainy times, he just doesnt listen and think he's in the right. They have told him when they have been angry and also when they have been calm. He just says ok but does the same
Original post by gul11and
My parents are muslims, I included. My parents would have slapped the crap out if me if I told my parents to F off. Though if i was a parent I would do the same.

To be honest your parents need to teach him the reality. IE show him the real world; throw him out the house

That has happend but then he says things like if you swear at my I can swear at you. Or you shout at me I can shout at you. Then you say no were your parents and he's like you shouldnt shout at me what gives you the right.:frown:
Original post by Chiefe
'bump' in like to bump this thread up so it's noticed more giving you more responses as I don't really know how to advice you
I'm sorry :frown:

Thats fine dont worry about it mate.
Salamukikom brother, indeed Allah has given you and your family a great test. May Allah reward you for your patience and guide your brother to the right path. My advice is to open the following video up on his computer and let him watch it on his own. If he has any good in him it will surely change his ways

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5nVziER8cg
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by gul11and
My parents are muslims, I included.

You consider yourself to be your own parent?
(edited 8 years ago)
How old are you?
Blame your parents for not bringing him up well. Simple as. Just give advice , hoping he gets better inshallah.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That has happend but then he says things like if you swear at my I can swear at you. Or you shout at me I can shout at you. Then you say no were your parents and he's like you shouldnt shout at me what gives you the right.:frown:

I agree.

He shouldn't be doing it unprovoked though. Also your parents should kick him out if he's being a dick.

Also lol. You're on TSR at 2am as well.
Original post by ChickenMadness
I agree.

He shouldn't be doing it unprovoked though. Also your parents should kick him out if he's being a dick.

Also lol. You're on TSR at 2am as well.

Not if you live under their house and under their rules you have to remember they have done a lot by him.

Would you say the same in a school if a student is mis behaving the teacher should tell him off and this is for his own good.
Original post by scotttb
You consider yourself to be your own parent?

I think she meant she's also muslim, still made me lol though :laugh:
I would kick him out, if he fails in life and becomes a beggar then that's his problem.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending