The Student Room Group

Why do some people assume you're available/single?

Quite often now, I've had guys talk to me and act all interested in my hobbies, favourite tv shows, beliefs etc. Then we talk frequently, and they start flirting with me a lot, and ask me to be their girlfriend. Why can't they just ask me early on if I'm single.. surely it would save them the hassle of pretending to act all interested in my life. Now I can never really tell if a guy I meet is actually interested in being my friend, or is just trying to play it right to get me to be his girlfriend.
No man wants to be your friend - every man wants to have sex with you, if you're an attractive woman (and you'd have to be pretty attractive). It's your job to friendzone them explicitly but even then, they're not going to give up the chase easily.

Plus, if you're not married then you're fair game, you're up for grabs. Just because you have a boyfriend, doesn't mean others can't get with you, because other men don't about care about your boyfriend, he's just an obstacle getting in their way when they're trying to get sex from you.

Conclusion: no such thing as 'taken', unless you are married.
Reply 2
sometimes it is how you act towards those people
Reply 3
This is another parallel between sales and dating.
As a manager I would shout at staff if I ever heard them ask a client "are you interested?".because you have nowhere to take the pitch after getting a no, which is almost guaranteed.
Just the same as asking a woman if she is single, it leaves you nowhere to go after you get that no. But girls tend to only admit to having a bf once they've lost interest in the guy they're speaking to. The majority of girls in relationships are unhappy so that's why I have no qualms about persisting unless she makes a point of saying she isn't single. Not because I see a boyfriend as a formidable obstacle but because she cared enough to mention it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending