The Student Room Group

Did you get your teachers presents and cards when you left

If you did what did you get them?
Only in Primary school.. box of chocolates.
Yes. I got my head of year and two teachers some matcha cookies.

For my Physics teacher I bought him some board pens. It's not as bad as it sounds, and he actually laughed, and not in a bad way.
I got them presents that suited them like for my sociology teacher used to steal everyone else's stuff so the whole class got him supplies so he didn't have to take other people's stuff so I bought him a mug, some bought him paper, some pens etc. Whilst another teacher loved writing and travelling so I got her a special travel journal which had map designs all over. For my history teacher, he loved flicking rubber bands and he loved planes so I got him this game where you can build planes with rubber bands and fly them somehow. I just thought about what they'd like
Reply 4
My class chipped in £17 pounds each and we got our teachers presents (there's around 15 of us).

Chemistry teacher - Mug with the periodic table
Biology teacher - Don't remember probably chocolate
Physics teacher - Also a mug
Lab monitor - A self stirring mug
Business studies teacher - They got her a frame with their picture on it (students are around 8 in that class.
Psychology teacher - we framed a picture of her pouting but we didn't put our picture because we're only 4 students.
Religious studies - A travel mug in the form of a camera
History - A travel mug in the form of a camera
Maths teacher 1 - Chocolate + flowers
Maths teacher 2 - Chocolate
Maths teacher 3 - Chocolate
Year 1 teacher - Candle with Arabic Calligraphy on it
Year 2 teacher - Chocolate
Year 3 teacher - chocolate
Year 4 teacher - Chocolate
Year 5 teacher - Chocolate
Year 6 teacher - Chocolate
Behavior and Mannerisms teacher - Candle with Arabic Calligraphy on it
French teacher - Chocolate and a self stirring mug
ICT teacher - self stirring mug
Art teacher - Chocolate
PE teacher - Chocolate
Principle - Canvas (a classmate mate it, she's amazing at art!)
Principle's dad (ex- principle) - canvas (a classmate made it)

And finally
for our form tutor/geography teacher we got her a jewelry set worth £60, it's stunning! We spent a lot on her because she's amazing and has helped us soooooo much in the past 5 years.

(I've probably forgotten some teachers)
Reply 5
Oh and we gave each teacher a rose along with their presents.
I gave my teachers gifts throughout school, Even in secondary school. If I didn't get them anything at the end of the year, then I'd get them something for Christmas.
I'm just finishing 6th form,and i'm going to give my teachers (the ones who i think deserves it) a small gift to say thank you,just like a bunch of flowers or one of those boxes of sweets like jelly babies,they've done so much for me and they're partially the reason i can go to uni this year,so in my opinion it's the very least i can do for them in return,only seems fair! :h:
Reply 8
just finishing GCSEs, want to give my favourite English teacher some nice gifts. I would buy her box of nice chocolates, a £50 flower bouquet, a card, I wrote a funny poem for her (She taught us literature). You guys thinks it's a good idea?
I got my headteacher a mug and a card, I got one of my form tutors a mug and I got my favourite teacher a card with a necklace and a stuffed bear to give her baby because she was pregnant at the time

Quick Reply

Latest