The Student Room Group

I agree that women have the right to be just as 'sexually enlivened' as men

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/jada-pinkett-smith-women-have-the-right-to-be-just-as-sexually-enlivened-as-men-10362060.html
Jada Pinkett Smith: Women have the right to be just as 'sexually enlivened' as men
So why does society still slut-shame?

I never get the cultural attitude that women can't enjoy being as 'sexually enlivened' as much as men.

Everyone has the right to be who they want and whatever they feel shouldn't have to be suppressed just because someone else has an opposing opinion.

We have a society with lots of people who can be with one partner or no partners and they are treated fair (mostly), whether man or women.

But when it comes to those who sleep around or proud to show off their sexuality, women are 'shamed' and men are usually 'patted on the back'?

What do people really have against all this?
Is it just self defence of people who don't feel sexy enough so they demean everyone else?

Scroll to see replies

We already have far too many victims of the culture of promiscuity/infidelity. Encouraging more of it is a disaster, instead we should be applying corporal punishments to all liaisons that undermine the constitution of marriage.
You're right. We already have too many victims of the culture of monogamy/marriage. Encouraging these outdated notions should be strongly discouraged, perhaps by corporal punishments for those who refuse to have sex before marriage.
Original post by BefuddledPenguin
You're right. We already have too many victims of the culture of monogamy/marriage. Encouraging these outdated notions should be strongly discouraged, perhaps by corporal punishments for those who refuse to have sex before marriage.

So you're all for polygamy yeah?

Posted from TSR Mobile
They shouldn't be giving away their bodies so easily to multiple men. That is absolutely disgusting. Women should guard their bodies and maintain their dignity, because without self respect, there is nothing. That means no sex with multiple men and no sex before marriage.
Original post by donutellme
So you're all for polygamy yeah?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, it was just a mocking reply to 80s Underground's ridiculously judgemental post. Polygamy has caused a great deal of societal harm historically, there are empirical reasons to be against it.
Interesting. You say everyone has the right to be who they want...

Well yes that's currently how it is. People have the right to sleep with who they want, just as others have the right to look down on such behaviour.

At the end of the day most men don't want to marry a woman who acts like a colostomy bag for cum.
I don't think society slut shames that much - I think it's women who slut shame other women mostly
but with "sexually enlivened" women, what they are actually being is what you might call "slutty" because that's literally it - men are sluts just like women, it's just that women don't like being called sluts when they act like sluts lol I know that sounds odd but you're not going to be starting a fight if you called a man a whore
(edited 8 years ago)
Because men pursue and women are pursued. This is the nature of human sexuality.

A virgin girl who gets approached by men all the time and rejects them, but gives herself to a man that is going to make that man feel very special.

A "player" who chooses to settle down with a woman is going to make that woman feel very special, because whilst he could be out banging loads of girls, he saw something in her that made him want something more.

It's all about sexual dimorphism and balance. Men and women are different and society works better if those differences are recognised.
Original post by Crossedit
Because men pursue and women are pursued. This is the nature of human sexuality.

A virgin girl who gets approached by men all the time and rejects them, but gives herself to a man that is going to make that man feel very special.

A "player" who chooses to settle down with a woman is going to make that woman feel very special, because whilst he could be out banging loads of girls, he saw something in her that made him want something more.

It's all about sexual dimorphism and balance. Men and women are different and society works better if those differences are recognised.

Actually, a lot of evidence suggests that human beings, both male and female, are sexually promiscuous. The culture of slut shaming likely evolved when humans turned to an agricultural lifestyle and men had to make sure that any children their wives had were theirs, for inheritance reasons.
Original post by MagicJigsaw
Actually, a lot of evidence suggests that human beings, both male and female, are sexually promiscuous. The culture of slut shaming likely evolved when humans turned to an agricultural lifestyle and men had to make sure that any children their wives had were theirs, for inheritance reasons.

I never said they weren't, that is very possibly true, women are very sexual. However that doesn't mean male and female sexuality is the same - one is essentially active and dominant the other passive and submissive.

I don't really agree with "slut shaming" to be honest. I never really did. But I can completely understand why men don't wan't to have serious relationships with "sluts". If you want to look at it from a scientific perspective the more partners a woman has been with the less oxytocin she produces, and thus is less likely to get attached.

You just need that Yin and Yang balance of masculine and feminine, or people just get more insecure and confused which is what is going on now.

Edit: with regards to our pre historical ancestors, I don't buy that males didn't care about paternity. That would make us very unlike other mammals.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Liquid Harvest
They shouldn't be giving away their bodies so easily to multiple men. That is absolutely disgusting. Women should guard their bodies and maintain their dignity, because without self respect, there is nothing. That means no sex with multiple men and no sex before marriage.

Would you have sex with multiple women though?
Original post by Protégé
Would you have sex with multiple women though?

Yes, of course I would, and I have and will continue to do so.
Yes, of course I would, and I have and will continue to do so.

Then why do you think it's disgusting for women to do so? Why does a woman lack self respect if she has flings but a man doesn't?
Original post by Protégé
Then why do you think it's disgusting for women to do so? Why does a woman lack self respect if she has flings but a man doesn't?

Different standards apply to men and women. Excuse me for being slightly vulgar, but the image of a woman opening up her legs for multiple men absolutely disgusts me. Yet I've only ever been with sluts, I've never been with a woman who hasn't slept with at least half a dozen men. I don't know, something about the degradation and filth that they've experienced seems to really draw me to them. This sounds inconsistent and bizarre, but I just can't bring myself to accept the idea of a woman letting men use her body for their enjoyment, something about that is extremely degrading and completely devoid of any self respect. In an ideal world, the same standards would apply to men but that can't be the case, because men have needs and it's often very difficult to escape from that need.
It's really simple. It's very easy for any women to get laid, almost entirely regardless of what she looks like, with an endless supply of creepy desperate men. A woman who sleeps with anyone and everyone will thus always be viewed as a cheap slut with little self respect. It is much harder for a man to get laid, and so a man who sleeps with a lot of women (especially if they are attractive women) will have a better image as it is likely he has a range of very positive qualities.

You already knew this.
Different standards apply to men and women. Excuse me for being slightly vulgar, but the image of a woman opening up her legs for multiple men absolutely disgusts me. Yet I've only ever been with sluts, I've never been with a woman who hasn't slept with at least half a dozen men. I don't know, something about the degradation and filth that they've experienced seems to really draw me to them. This sounds inconsistent and bizarre, but I just can't bring myself to accept the idea of a woman letting men use her body for their enjoyment, something about that is extremely degrading and completely devoid of any self respect. In an ideal world, the same standards would apply to men but that can't be the case, because men have needs and it's often very difficult to escape from that need.

It couldn't be that she enjoys having sex? It is known to be fun, unless the men you're doing it with have no idea what they're doing.

You have to understand that there's nothing wrong with it. Unless a woman is cheating on her partner or leading a guy on I'm not gonna complain. I understand what you mean, although I don't neccessarily agree with it. If I was looking for a girlfriend I would be really put off if she was thirsty and constantly wanted sex. If a woman had sex with multiple men without being creepy about it then it's no problem.

Women have needs too though. I disagree with your last point, it's not so hard to control it unless you're horny all the time. I mean, sex is pretty much at the bottom of my priority list. If I come across a deal where there's sex with no emotions attached I might take it, I don't go looking for it though.

Whereas women don't?

Are struggle to believe that even if you really wanted to you wouldn't be able to stop yourself slipping your cock in a girl without marrying her first.

If that is genuinely the case it is a sad indictment of your lack of self control. Ironically something you judge women for.
Reply 19
Women can do whatever they damn well please.

I, and the majority of men of my generation, won't marry a non-virgin though.

So enjoy the cock ladies, you won't be getting anything more from us. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest