The Student Room Group

Shopkeeper's wife was extremely rude to me - am I overreacting?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yawn!
No, you have not.
It's drivel to you because you know I've destroyed your arguments and counter arguments, and have nothing left.
Which is why you are resorting to petty insults.
Ah, well. Better luck next time. :biggrin:

Whatever helps you sleep tonight bud.
I figured I should throw a decent one back after reading all of your lame attempts at throwing some my way.
Drivel.
Reply 41
Original post by TheGuyReturns
Whatever helps you sleep tonight bud.
I figured I should throw a decent one back after reading all of your lame attempts at throwing some my way.
Drivel.

Oh, I'll sleep well tonight. I have a pretty amazing life. Unlike you, I'm not on TSR every day. :rofl2:

Keep stewing in your bitterness. It won't make a damn bit of difference outside of TSR, hahaha.

See ya, loser.
Original post by Danny McCoyne
Honestly I felt discriminated by her because I'm black I don't know and unless you're Indian or black you wouldn't understand. Indian people are incredibly racist that's not to say that ALL Indian people are racist but this was the case in this scenario.

I'm black, and tbh I still don't understand what you're on about since I've never encountered racism with Indians..
Original post by Yawn!
Oh, I'll sleep well tonight. I have a pretty amazing life. Unlike you, I'm not on TSR every day. :rofl2:
Keep stewing in your bitterness. It won't make a damn bit of difference outside of TSR, hahaha.
See ya, loser.

Original post by localblackguy
I'm black, and tbh I still don't understand what you're on about since I've never encountered racism with Indians..

You're a bounty. You pander to white people. You make me sick.
Original post by em211997
Da***? Which shops are you going? I personally would've cussed the woman out and not left till she gave it to me, don't care how much it is. If you wanna treat white customers one way and black ones another I'm not gonna just move along.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It may be wrong but at the end of the day it's her shop so she decides what she does
Original post by Danny McCoyne
You're a bounty. You pander to white people. You make me sick.

Lmao "I've never encountered racisms with Indians" = I 'pander to white people', please enlighten on how you reached this conclusion? You can puke your whole stomach out if you want, you're making yourself sick.

In Dublin and Paris, the Indians I've encountered have been completely fine. Tbh I probably have looked down at some more than they've looked down at me..
Original post by Reeeeyah
It may be wrong but at the end of the day it's her shop so she decides what she does

What you on about? She cannot decline service to me on the grounds on my skin colour. Siding with her paints you in a not-so humane light which makes me think that you're a closet racist too. Do you have anything to change my opinion of you based on the disparaging remarks you have posted here?
What law does it state that shopkeepers MUST give change? They can dictate a exact change system if they please.
Reply 49
Original post by SonicOfPron
What law does it state that shopkeepers MUST give change? They can dictate a exact change system if they please.

shopkeepers don't have to give change but let's be honest here, i mean...op did say there was another woman that she gave change to

if you're not going to give change just say that you don't have any more change to give it's not that hard

then again, maybe she was being more rude than racist
Original post by K.C
shopkeepers don't have to give change but let's be honest here, i mean...op did say there was another woman that she gave change to
if you're not going to give change just say that you don't have any more change to give it's not that hard

then again, maybe she was being more rude than racist

But even then she can legal refuse service to anyone she wishes as long as it's not discrimination.

What if the previous customer is a regular to the shop whereas the op isn't. Many small business owners do favors for regular customers to reward them.
Reply 51
Original post by 41b
Some black guys hate Indians so they hate them back.
Maybe she got insulted by some black guy for some reason and she's taking it out on you. Don't think twice about it.

Or maybe she was just racist.

Too many people like to beat around the bush or sidestep reality rather than point out racism. Racism is thriving and more alive than ever, yet many wish to downplay it's prominence and significance in society.

Fix up, guys.
Reply 52
Original post by SonicOfPron
But even then she can legal refuse service to anyone she wishes as long as it's not discrimination.
What if the previous customer is a regular to the shop whereas the op isn't. Many small business owners do favors for regular customers to reward them.

yeah, I'd understand if she were a regular customer but why be rude?

the husband had no problem giving him change
Reply 53
India is scary because its so backward at least china is trying, how can you still have a caste system
Reply 54
Original post by Quavo!
Or maybe she was just racist.

Too many people like to beat around the bush or sidestep reality rather than point out racism. Racism is thriving and more alive than ever, yet many wish to downplay it's prominence and significance in society.

Fix up, guys.

Or just, you know, grow a pair.
Reply 55
Original post by whorace
India is scary because its so backward at least china is trying, how can you still have a caste system

Get lost. That is India's culture and society. What does the West have? Aging alcoholics, men in frocks and civilisational suicide. Your culture is nothing to be proud about.
(edited 8 years ago)
Wow this thread when off topic quickly, shopkeepers wife was rude, yes you should be annoyed at her rudeness....fairness creams? lol okay then
Reply 57
Original post by 41b
Get lost. That is India's culture and society. What does the West have? Aging alcoholics, men in frocks and civilisational suicide. Your culture is nothing to be proud about.

Wtf just check the development index , the only thing india wins in is international gangrape
Reply 58
Original post by whorace
Wtf just check the development index , the only thing india wins in is international gangrape

No thanks to Britain's gangrape of the country for a hundred years. Some sound Christian morals there. Turn the other cheek and evict the moneychangers, except when it comes to the real world of actually sticking by your principles.

Anyway, there are things more important in life than material progress. The progressing societal implosion of the West is simultaneous with vast advances in material standard of living.

Regardless, this is off topic. Don't insult other people's cultures from a position of assumed superiority, because anyone who knows better won't take you seriously.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 59
Original post by 41b
No thanks to Britain's gangrape of the country for a hundred years. Some sound Christian morals there. Turn the other cheek and evict the moneychangers, except when it comes to the real world of actually sticking by your principles.

Anyway, there are things more important in life than material progress. The progressing societal implosion of the West is simultaneous with vast advances in material standard of living.

Regardless, this is off topic. Don't insult other people's cultures from a position of assumed superiority, because anyone who knows better won't take it seriously.

What you mean liberal do gooders, i consider some cultures superior, in fact ancient indians were very civilised. Sadly cant say the same today, when you catch up with the rest of us maybe, the british empire mostly civilised you retards and your tribes who murdered each other with no respect for political liberty

Quick Reply

Latest