The Student Room Group

My search for accommodation (uni of essex, Colchester)

I should be going to the uni of essex to study film in September and im looking for a room, be it in a house or flat. Im interested in finding a good room-mate possibly more than I am in finding a good room seeing as ill be seeing that person for atleast the next year of my life. Im a straight male, 18 from Bulgarian origins but ive been here all my life and speak english fluently. I dont really have many preferences as to race, sexual orientation or world views but it would be nice to find someone I share similar interests with.

Rock / Hip-Hop (Nasty nas, oldschool shady, OF, guns n roses, etc, etc)
Films (Scorsese, Tarantino, Coppola, Kubrick and ofc Nolan :P)
Games, although not as much of an interest to me (WoW, battlefield, hearthstone and ofc Skyrim :P)

I have an open mind about what type of housing I want, aslong as it is within a reasonable distance from the Colchester campus and town square.
Im looking for someone, or multiple someones to let out a house with. My budget would be roughly 370pcm or £90 per week.

I could just put in for a room somewhere and hope that I end up situated with Ok-ish room-mates but I feel like finding people and then together searching for a house/flat is generally a better way of making sure you dont get stuck with douchebags throughout your time in UNI. Ofcourse the idealistic scenario of ending up with the perfect room-mate in a sort of 'friends' like chandler and joey situation is very unrealistic :P

Anyway, if anyone is interested in that sort of thing then email me @ [email protected]

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending