The Student Room Group

Men protecting Women?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arfah
😐😐😐if a man doesn't protect a woman he's a coward. Shame on that guy.

is a hench man a coward for not protecting a weak man? is a butch woman a coward for not helping a petite woman? is it only genders that owe other genders something from the 1950s, or is strength a factor within itself? and by saying that the woman is owed protection, you're implying she's a weak coward herself which is ironic...surely if we're all equally dignified, then people can stand up for themselves? people never mention weight/strenght when it's just two men, so why not between genders?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Drewski
How would the guy have helped in the situation mentioned anyway? It was over before he would have had a chance to react. His presence would have made it longer and potentially worse.

By running over and telling him to stop hitter her and leave her alone. You see she was scared and needs some backup. I mean the women in question isn't shy or weak, however she would have feel better for the guy had done something.
Original post by william walker
By running over and telling him to stop hitter her and leave her alone. You see she was scared and needs some backup. I mean the women in question isn't shy or weak, however she would have feel better for the guy had done something.

Either you've misrepresented the incident, or that wouldn't have had any effect as by the time the bystander got there the first guy would have already been going.
Original post by KingStannis
If you you touch a female friend of mine or a gf particularly, i'lll ****ing glass your eye.

Fair enough. I am not going anywhere near your GF or female friend. However what about just a random woman on the street would you feel the same way, have the same reaction?
Original post by Drewski
Either you've misrepresented the incident, or that wouldn't have had any effect as by the time the bystander got there the first guy would have already been going.

Yeah but he would have been their. Which would have made the women feel better.
I don't think it has much to do with gender, but more to do with strength. If some physically strong was attacking someone physically weaker and I was strong enough to help then I would feel a moral obligation to do so regardless of any gender involved.
Fair enough. I am not going anywhere near your GF or female friend. However what about just a random woman on the street would you feel the same way, have the same reaction?

No, but i'd step in if it was obvious a woman was being abused. We've rightly modernised society, but that doesn't mean literally all traditional values are defunct.
Yeah but he would have been their. Which would have made the women feel better.

So no actual protecting in any way, shape or form?

Merely a shoulder to cry on afterwards. That's an entirely different situation.
I agree. However why?

I think it's more to do with the upbringing of people in society (can't say for sure as I don't know the majority of people). They don't have the mentality to deal with that sort of confrontation.
I have met people who liked to threaten other people and then when an actual confrontation occurred they would get extremely scared (even though it was their own doing).
If they are not prepared to deal with angry people then they are definitely not prepared to get into a fight to protect somebody or try and split them both up so that no fight can continue.

Personally, that is why I think they wouldn't.
Fairly sure this will capture most people...

/cynicism
Original post by Drewski
So no actual protecting in any way, shape or form?

Merely a shoulder to cry on afterwards. That's an entirely different situation.

There is more than one sort of protection. The point still remains men should protect women from violence should they not?
There is more than one sort of protection. The point still remains men should protect women from violence should they not?

Only as much as they would protect anyone else from violence. Nobody deserves special treatment.

And your OP clearly indicated a physical type of protection, so don't get irritated when someone points out it was irrelevant to the situation you're talking about.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 32
Before you wade in on your charger, have an idea what you are getting in to.

Now, if there is a bloodied woman being beaten by a man who is quite visibly after blood, by all means step in. But if you were to interfere in a 'typical' alcohol fuelled chav domestic, the chances are the guy will punch you over, and the woman will kick your flesh off the bone with her stiletto's.
Nope in my opinion it isn't a responsbilty of men to protect women. It is a person's duty (man or woman) to ensure that the person involved such as the woman in the situation given, is okay and in a good mental, physical and emotional state. Since their was a phsycial attack involved I do believe that the man watching could have stopped the other man hitting, but obviously he wasn't to know that the other man was just plain ignorant. And i'm sure the man/woman must have called the police afterwards.
(edited 8 years ago)
He should not have got involved in the fight, but he should have called the police. It's very worrying that he seemed to imply that this kind of violence would have been acceptable if they were in a relationship...
Original post by Kool_blaze
Yes us men have to protect woman, it's our duty. Men who don't protect woman should be ashamed of themselves.
I guess many/certain females would feel the same, where if there was a situation and a male had to be protected :smile:
i would have got in their and at least use my body as a meat shield. I HATE THUGS AND VIOLENCE HE WOULD HAVE TO BEAT UP TWO WOMEN EVERYONE ELSE CAN JUST WATCH, COWARDS
We should go back to the way things were. Everything worked back then.
Oh God. Feminists have destroyed chivalry.
Original post by Need2Study4Exam
I'd rather be a coward than help a sexist woman like yourself.

Original post by arfah
😐😐😐if a man doesn't protect a woman he's a coward. Shame on that guy.

need2study4exam, my good sir, i thank the good Lord for humans like yourself. perhaps there's hope for men in this deranged, psychotic hell-hole of a planet. in fact, just for that, you get a follow my sir.

as for the female, go **** yourself. in the harshest way possible. sexist bitch.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending