The Student Room Group

Men protecting Women?

Scroll to see replies

Its not my business.
My name is not captain save a hoe nor is it superman
(edited 8 years ago)
I'm more worried by the fact this guy thought it was ok for that bloke to hit a woman because 'he thought they were in a relationship'.

I think 'men protecting women' is an outdated idea. We should all be looking out for each other regardless of gender. I especially think women should look out for other women in situations like this. I don't necessarily mean jump in and start a fight, but that fellow could have at least called the police instead of standing there and watching like a cauliflower.
(edited 8 years ago)
Most women aren't really women these days so I don't think they should be protected from men, nor do I think if they punch a man he shouldn't feel free to punch her back.
Original post by Crossedit
Most women aren't really women these days so I don't think they should be protected from men, nor do I think if they punch a man he shouldn't feel free to punch her back.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you mean by women these days aren't women? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 104
Original post by KingStannis
If you you touch a female friend of mine or a gf particularly, i'lll ****ing glass your eye.

I know that's how we all feel - it's pretty unnatural not to. When I guy started flirting with my girlfriend I felt it it too. And that wasn't even serious.

But is it worth it for a modern woman?

I think in an age of equality and independence women ought to defend themselves. If they can't, that's tough. It is, after all, what they asked for. They can't be equal to us and independent of us and then rely on us for protection.
Original post by 41b
I know that's how we all feel - it's pretty unnatural not to. When I guy started flirting with my girlfriend I felt it it too. And that wasn't even serious.

But is it worth it for a modern woman?

I think in an age of equality and independence women ought to defend themselves. If they can't, that's tough. It is, after all, what they asked for. They can't be equal to us and independent of us and then rely on us for protection.

By touch i meant like, grappling her and touching her boob while she fights to get away, or punches her.

If a man flirts with my girl in a club, i'd just go "excuse me mate, she's taken", take the girl away, and seriously consider dumping her (if she reciprocated) afterwards.
Reply 106
By touch i meant like, grappling her and touching her boob while she fights to get away, or punches her.

If a man flirts with my girl in a club, i'd just go "excuse me mate, she's taken", take the girl away, and seriously consider dumping her (if she reciprocated) afterwards.

TBH I think we ought to legalise pepper spray, then there's no reason for us to need to defend them. If you beat up another guy you could be liable for prison time, if he presses charges. Would any girl do the same for us?
A few weeks ago I was at a bus stop when a guy walked into the road and started arguing with anothe guy in a car. The guy in the car got out and punched the other one and they started fighting. I didn't get involved because I didn't want to get battered and neither did the woman who's car they fought on top of :rofl: Sometimes it's best to keep your distance :redface:
I don't really think it has anything to do with the gender. You should take a stand against all that sort of stuff - it's vile. Regardless of gender.
Original post by 41b
TBH I think we ought to legalise pepper spray, then there's no reason for us to need to defend them. If you beat up another guy you could be liable for prison time, if he presses charges. Would any girl do the same for us?

What could girls do for us though?

Pepper spray would be abused. You try chatting up a girl in a club, you're drunk so awkward and she does not find you attractive. So she does what any girl would do and pepper spray you. You're whole nights ruined and suddenly her bf's kicking the **** out of you in an alley way because he thinks you're a rapist.

I'm alright thanks.
He punched twice and left, what are you meant to do? Teleport to save the day?

Best thing to do is not get involved and call authorities to deal with it.
Reply 111
What could girls do for us though?

Pepper spray would be abused. You try chatting up a girl in a club, you're drunk so awkward and she does not find you attractive. So she does what any girl would do and pepper spray you. You're whole nights ruined and suddenly her bf's kicking the **** out of you in an alley way because he thinks you're a rapist.

I'm alright thanks.

I think it's better to get pepper sprayed on occasion than to get jailed for assaul for defending a girl who can't defend herself.

And anyway, in this scenario the BF wouldn't be kicking you up.
due to feminism we must not step in. We should give the feminists a chance.
I am joking i would of genuinely stopped it at whatever cost.
If it was the other way round and I saw it happen Id at least call the police.
First if i were her i would beat the **** out of the bystander for not helping me.

But if i were the bystander and i saw a women getting hit by a male that male figure would not be able to walk away.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending