The Student Room Group

Modern young women are unattractive. Agree or disagree?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Protégé
Most I've come across are fine but many people I find to be extremely annoying, I just don't associate with them. The ones in college that scream and shout are the worst ones.

I think that maybe the world has become more narcissistic as a whole, telling everyone how special they are and it's not their fault when something goes wrong, it's because they had a bad childhood.

Agreed.

I'm a lot older than college age too but young women nowadays are still so "shouty," even the ones in their early 20s. (Guys are like this too)
I do not give a flying ****
Reply 22
when modern women paint there face with makeup and pose like idiots on Facebook, its very unattractive. just keep it simple
Original post by Carpe Vinum
I do not give a flying ****

Is that why you posted
Original post by Anonymous

They often also pretend to be bisexual for attention and/or are loud, shouty, and rowdy and/or talk about sex in inappropriate places (e.g. banging on about Beyonce's butt or kissing their friends or which female celebrities they'd sleep with or half screaming at each other when they could just talk in restaurants or public toilets). It's just unclassy.

This. I don't like this newer trend in people that has become more apparent (but likely always existed), but I'd just find a girl who wasn't like that.
Original post by JoshDawg
This. I don't like this newer trend in people that has become more apparent (but likely always existed), but I'd just find a girl who wasn't like that.

Unfortunately a lot of girls are like that. Life is all about attention seeking. :s-smilie:
Unfortunately a lot of girls are like that. Life is all about attention seeking. :s-smilie:

True, but I think with stuff like social networks and media that behaviour gets put out and 'advertised' a lot more than people who are calmer and better behaved / well mannered.

Of course unmannered girls will attract unmannered husbands and have unmannered children unless they change, but that's their business.
Reply 27
British girls on a whole are really poor, they lack both class and looks, obviously there are exceptions. I'd rather take a French/Spanish bird.
Reply 28
Your judgements could've changed OP since you're last relationship and you're interpreting the same genre of girls in a different light?
Another point is that I've moved twice in the last two years and the girls in each of the locations are very different, personality wise, and that's just in England, my friend has a French gf and he says the girls there are much different to English girls again
And arnt these girls just acting as "lads" ? Another unappealing behaviour but if guys can do it why not girls, and people settle down and mature anyway so I wouldn't worry
Original post by enaayrah
You're not looking in the right places.

so, where Should he be looking? pubs? bars? voluntary organisations? where precisely?
Original post by SillyMilly
I agree there are lots of girls like you described and personally I don't like woman like that as I think they are just attention seekers. But I'm sure there are many who arnt like that/ you get more of the type you've described at uni than you do in the real world !

so where in the 'real world' should he be looking then if these 'uni' ones aren't upto standards?
Original post by theDanIdentity
so, where Should he be looking? pubs? bars? voluntary organisations? where precisely?

It's more abstract than specific locations. I think OP is simply approaching the wrong people.
What a stupid outlook you have on modern young women, OP.

Just because you had a few crappy relationships, it doesn't mean that you should use that experience to judge women as a whole.

You're going to have a hard time finding a decent girl with that attitude.
Original post by luckbox
British girls on a whole are really poor, they lack both class and looks, obviously there are exceptions. I'd rather take a French/Spanish bird.

Just shut up.
What a stupid outlook you have on modern young women, OP.

Just because you had a few crappy relationships, it doesn't mean that you should use that experience to judge women as a whole.

You're going to have a hard time finding a decent girl with that attitude.

Where did I mention my past relationships?

This is about the girls I know and see.
Original post by theDanIdentity
so where in the 'real world' should he be looking then if these 'uni' ones aren't upto standards?

Mega twisting I never said uni ones I said it's more common at uni becuase half the girls are trying to compete with the boys. I don't think your walk into uoir office on a Monday and hear Many people talking about their one night stands bu at uni that's normal. I never said thrre not up to standard there clearly many men's type of woman
Original post by luckbox

I think its just our culture you know if you see Brits abroad in magaluf or whatever they have the worst reputation. It's a few of these woman who ruin it for the rest. Not all of us Brits as unclassy!
I echo the guys saying British girls tend to be low quality.

Fat, loud, slutty...those high pulled up denim short things they all wear...social media addiction.....arrogant but with insecurities coming out their asses. No. Just no.

No grace or femininity. Where have all the nice, natural, sweet girls gone?
Most of the girls who are like this will grow out of it.
At least in the 18-25 age range. (I do not mean appearance wise though some women do dress a bit too revealingly these days. Young guys also often act like this)

Started dating after a hiatus lately but the girls "on the market" often don't appeal to me at all. No, I'm not being sour grapes and have dated a few, and a lot of the things I don't find attractive are to do with more "modern society," but I honestly think that young women nowadays are less attractive than they were even 5 years ago (when I was a teenager). Anyone else agree?

First off, they're image and attention obsessed. Obviously looks count but so many girls take multiple pictures of themselves plastered in makeup on Facebook, Instagram, you name it just for "likes" and their lives revolve around it. Sometimes it's quite dangerous too as their profiles are open and literally anyone can see these photos and what they have been up to.

They often also pretend to be bisexual for attention and/or are loud, shouty, and rowdy and/or talk about sex in inappropriate places (e.g. banging on about Beyonce's butt or kissing their friends or which female celebrities they'd sleep with or half screaming at each other when they could just talk in restaurants or public toilets). It's just unclassy.

Talking of class that is another thing young women today seem to lack, often flirting with pretty much everyone. It's an embarrassment in the workplace trying to get taken seriously when some poor old married sod from HR has a young woman again plastered in makeup batting her eyelashes, telling him how nice he looks and trying to play games instead of working hard like everyone else is expected to. Or trying to get a job done when the self obsessed girls there are busy gossiping, being cliquey and criticising others when they are young and naive themselves (not my experience this, but one of my female friends':wink:.

Also, this is probably our generation in general but a lot of young women don't even take the degrees they are paying thousands a year for or the jobs they are paid to do seriously? The number of lazy ones I have seen blows my mind. I hate complaining in stores but in half the stores I'm in these days, when you ask for help, there is a lackadaisical sales assistant on minimum wage rolling her eyes at you and exchanging looks with her colleagues to your face.

I expect this post will anger a lot of people but I am not trying to have a go at young women and god knows no one wants to go back to the 50s where women could not even get a job in most areas. But is it just me or are girls of this generation often thoroughly unappealing personality wise?

Maybe it's because the attention seekers have your attention.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending