The Student Room Group

Male homosexuality is not one sexuality but two

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TheBlackWatch
I think you misunderstand me. I'm not saying that gay relationships are some inherently heroic thing; what I'm trying to get across is that gay relationships are not some pale imitation of heterosexual relationships, and they are not reducible to the sex acts involved.
I think masculine love is wholesome, not sordid. And I think it is a "thing". I think, qualitatively, it is different from heterosexual love. When people say, "Oh gay couples are just like heterosexual couples", I don't think that's true. That's not in a bad way, it's just that they're different. And I think what I labelled the "homosocial" aspect is a distinct aspect of such relationships.
And by citing the classical world, I'm really trying to get to the relationship dynamic, not the heroism of the parties involved. I think male-male relationships have a lot of that bromance-y, guy competitiveness but also tenderness and love, kind of thing going on.
Completely agree on the legs. You say facial hair is a bridge too fair, but the guy in that picture has it?
What about this guy; he has just a little hint of facial hair. Frankly, that drives me crazy (in a good way)

I humbly request you keep posting images.
Original post by garfeeled
I humbly request you keep posting images.

PRSOM :smile: I'll be back tomorrow with some more pics, attached to tasteful analyses of homoerotic and homosocial theories :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending