The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Uni help

Hi, I'm new to the website and I'm still unsure on how to use this so I'm not even sure if I'm posting on the right part of the website or not:smile: anyways today I went to a UCAS convention and spoke to a woman from Nottingham university about the nursing degree i am interested in doing but there is still a few things I'm unsure so I was just wondering if anybody from that university could answer a few questions I have.
What is the university like in general?
What type of things do you study on the mental health nursing degree?
Can I change what type of nursing I do if I don't like my first choice?
I think your thread would be better placed here. =l

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=25
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Scienceisgood
I think your thread would be better placed here. =l

Thanks
Original post by rosiebrown1
Hi, I'm new to the website and I'm still unsure on how to use this so I'm not even sure if I'm posting on the right part of the website or not:smile: anyways today I went to a UCAS convention and spoke to a woman from Nottingham university about the nursing degree i am interested in doing but there is still a few things I'm unsure so I was just wondering if anybody from that university could answer a few questions I have.
What is the university like in general?
What type of things do you study on the mental health nursing degree?
Can I change what type of nursing I do if I don't like my first choice?

Cant tell you what nottingham is like.
However, i m starting a mental health nursing degree in september and basically you study everything you d need to know to be a nurse, so communication, policy, clinical skills, anatomy, medicine management and ethics and much much more.
You cant change the type of nursing once you ve applied, its rare a uni would let you do it, as you look a bit indecisive if you ask to switch, and each type of nursing is different so switching when you dont have the experience in that particular branch will be almost impossible.
Hope this helped:smile:
Reply 4
Thanks this helped a lot:smile:
Original post by rosiebrown1
Thanks this helped a lot:smile:

no problem:smile: if you ever have any nursing questions feel free to send me a message and i ll try and help:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest