The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Should we have straight pride day?

I dont see why this isnt a thing already.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Heterosexuals haven't been historically oppressed like the LGBT+ community has.
Reply 2
Original post by TornadoGR4

Not historically, but now we are :biggrin:

#LateAfternoonDrama
Probably the reason for this can be found in this image:

Reply 4

We are now though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Notice how Pride is just called 'Pride' ?

Showing pride now carries the prerequisite of being a victim? Is it now a special club for the "disenfranchised"?

Heterosexuals are discriminated against. #CivilPartnershipsForHeteros
I want an asexual pride day :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by xLittleMissyx
I want an asexual pride day :smile:

Lol it will happen, just give it time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't like them, people focus on insignificant things like gender and ethnicity. They should have functional pride days instead for people who actually have something to be proud of like doctors without borders. Not knocking people who take part in these events, I just find it silly.
Original post by T.I.P

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you in favour of "White Pride"?

Besides, every day is straight pride day
Original post by TheBlackWatch
Besides, every day is straight pride day

When was the last straight pride parade?
Reply 13
There's no need. For heterosexuality there is no stigma, no religious intolerance, no absence from history, no disowning from families, no hate crimes, no 'straight' jokes, no stereotyping, no legal restrictions - these things alone are enough to appreciate. A special day commemorating heterosexuality is pointless.
Original post by T.I.P
Posted from TSR Mobile

You are joking right?

Original post by Hariex
There's no need. For heterosexuality there is no stigma, no religious intolerance, no absence from history, no disowning from families, no hate crimes, no 'straight' jokes, no stereotyping, no legal restrictions - these things alone are enough to appreciate. A special day commemorating heterosexuality is pointless.

I think straight people took the burden of reproducing for the thousands of years of human existence; you should give them credit for that. Don't forget that nigh on everyone in the world is a product of heterosexual intercourse.
Reply 16
Original post by napkinsquirrel
I think straight people took the burden of reproducing for the thousands of years of human existence; you should give them credit for that. Don't forget that nigh on everyone in the world is a product of heterosexual intercourse.

Sex isn't something that is credit-worthy. Besides, it's arbitrary. Heterosexual intercourse simultaneously produced Pol Pot and Hitler alongside Beethoven and Fancis of Aussi. Surely something like IVF is more innovative, progressive and more deserving of a pride day?
This.

[video="youtube;osDckj0Dd3k"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osDckj0Dd3k[/video]
Original post by napkinsquirrel
When was the last straight pride parade?

Everyday is straight pride; society, until the last couple of years, was entirely based around the needs of heterosexuals.

Do you support "White Pride"?

The whole point of gay pride was that gay people were not allowed to feel prideful, but were meant to feel shameful, about their sexuality.

Have heterosexuals been made to feel ashamed of simply being heterosexual? No? So what is the need for straight pride?

The only people who are proposing this are butthurt social conservatives who are irritated they and their backward views have been rejected by society
When heterosexuals stop murdering homosexuals because of their sexuality, you can have your pride day.

Latest