The Student Room Group

Racism essay?

May someone please give me an example of a good and powerful introduction for a racism in Britain essay? The essay question is "racism in Britain is rife.how far do you agree with this statement ?

Thanks in advance <3
I'm not going to give you an example, but I'll tell you how to write a strong introduction!

Your introduction is like the scaffolding of your entire essay. It outlines all your key points and what you want to say. The introduction must include the topic of the question, and what you're going to do with it (in this case, arguing why you agree, partially agree, and disagree with the statement). You'll explain that you need to explore the different responses, etc.. You need to display your knowledge of the topic and show the marker that you know about the subject n stuff.

So you can start with "In my essay I am going to discuss racism in Britain and its severity"... and go from there ig!

Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by get_in_the_robot
I'm not going to give you an example, but I'll tell you how to write a strong introduction!

Your introduction is like the scaffolding of your entire essay. It outlines all your key points and what you want to say. The introduction must include the topic of the question, and what you're going to do with it (in this case, arguing why you agree, partially agree, and disagree with the statement). You'll explain that you need to explore the different responses, etc.. You need to display your knowledge of the topic and show the marker that you know about the subject n stuff.

So you can start with "In my essay I am going to discuss racism in Britain and its severity"... and go from there ig!

Good luck!

Thank you!!!

Quick Reply

Latest